Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft server for my kid - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Minecraft server for my kid

2»

Comments

• irmirm Member

@catalystium said:
    NFO is pretty good: https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php?type=minecraft

Plus they are having a 'spring sale' at the moment.

+1 to NFOServers. Fucking love those guys. I use their VPS' for other projects (nothing gaming related) and they're fantastic.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited May 2014

@viCommunications said:

Alright - and also can you please learn how to use the quotes? It's very frustrating when people don't use them correctly. This is what it looks like: http://prntscr.com/3holtd

Ran out of things to bash me on? Interesting.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

Floris said: Ran out of things to bash me on? Interesting.

Excellent, you've figured out how to use quotes.

• FlorisFloris Member

viCommunications said: Excellent, you've figured out how to use quotes.

The blame is @vanilla, I'll leave this thread now, as there are no further questions left and I'm not in the mood for drama.

• @irm said:
    +1 to NFOServers. Fucking love those guys. I use their VPS' for other projects (nothing gaming related) and they're fantastic.

No doubt, been dealing with them for years. John and his team are excellent to deal with.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2014

@viCommunications said:
    Because it uses quite a bit of ram, and Beast is just another overselling summer host.

1.They don't oversell

2.They are not a summer host

It is always better to do some research about a provider before making your own assumptions.

Thanked by 1Sander
  • @viCommunications said:
    Because it uses quite a bit of ram, and Beast is just another overselling summer host.

• @viCommunications Minecraft servers rape the CPU and hammer the disk.

Thanked by 2Floris Sander
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Ehh, I'd look at WebSound if you want a easy and realistic server... the problem with VPS providers, the CPU is shared... they don't like if you use too much.

Thanked by 1WSCallum
  • WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited May 2014

@LordSpock said:
    Ehh, I'd look at WebSound if you want a easy and realistic server... the problem with VPS providers, the CPU is shared... they don't like if you use too much.

Thank you for your recommendation LordSpock, we greatly appreciate it.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • @jackolantern said:
    Hi all,

My kid has been bugging me for a mine craft server for him to sell subs to his friends. In a effort to support his entrepreneurial spirit. I am here asking the community.

Anyone know of a good deal on a mine craft box. i am not really sure all that's required. but would love for him to learn some Linux in the process.

Thanks all.

my kid says 30-40 kids will play.

Hello jackolantern,

For 30-40 players on vanilla/craftbukkit you are at a 2-3 GB ballpark. We can offer a VPS SSD service at $10 a gb.

A control panel is pre-setup and you can choose the one to use. You do have root access, so your child can learn *nix while having an easy control method too.

All servers are on E3 series CPU hardware with a choice of 3 locations.

You may order here: http://www.simplydigitalhosting.com/hosting/minecraft-hosting/

• SanderSander Member

@eddynetweb said:
    viCommunications Minecraft servers rape the CPU and hammer the disk.

Psst! He's willing to become provider.

We have many enterprise customers hosting important so we don't like to risk the performance in greed of few more bucks.

Thanked by 1eddynetweb