Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone use Adaptec 1430SA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone use Adaptec 1430SA?

letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2012 in General

Hello,

i'd ask anyone using Adaptec 1430SA SATA2 RAID 4-Port PCI-E Controller Card? if yes what is performance? it like 3Ware or HighPoint?

Thanks

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

How much are you spending on the card?

If you hunt around you can get adaptec 2405's for $99. Hell, I know I picked up 4 the other day for $99/ea on ebay.

Francisco

Thanked by 1letbox
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2012

@Francisco said: How much are you spending on the card?

If you hunt around you can get adaptec 2405's for $99. Hell, I know I picked up 4 the other day for $99/ea on ebay.

Francisco

it's cost $95. but i never used it before it's like highpoint everytime change kernel need to recompile the driver?

@key12 said: it's cost $95. but i never used it before it's like highpoint everytime change kernel need to recompile the driver?

adaptec's driver has been mainstream for ages. The only real issue is if you're using a new 68xx based card on a 2.6.x kernel. The 2405's have been working for ages :)

The 2405 is just a much better card, has 128M of cache and all that.

Francisco

Thanked by 1letbox
    edited May 2012

Good,

antoher question sorry :D . i'm build my Second server the first server was Dual E5620 now, i'm looking for build E3-1230 what Motherboard are you recommanded? i'm look to use Supermicro X9SCL-F-O LGA1155/ Intel C202 PCH Motherboard

Thanks

The X9SCL doesn't have SATA3 ports so if that's important at all then you'll want the X9SCM i think it is.

If you don't need the ports then the X9SCL is a good choice :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1letbox

@Francisco said: The X9SCL doesn't have SATA3 ports so if that's important at all then you'll want the X9SCM i think it is.

If you don't need the ports then the X9SCL is a good choice :)

Francisco

I will use SATA2 whatever . the different between X9SCL and X9SCM $14 only :D

Thanks for your recommanded, I appreciate it

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@key12 said: I will use SATA2 whatever

If you are using a raid card or other controller, you won't need the onboard controller so the X9SCL is the cheaper route.

Thanked by 1letbox