Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need 2x VPS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need 2x VPS.

Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
edited May 2012 in General

I am looking for 2x OpenVZ based VPS in the EU for a PowerDNS cluster. Preferably from a reputable provider with a choice of 2 EU locations.

Minimum Requirements;
512MB RAM
10GB HDD

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Racksrv.com for one, completely rock solid, not really LEB prices though :)

• FreekFreek Member

I have a VPS at Iperweb in Italy and one at MiniVPS In France (OVH) and I'm very satisfied so far. Iperweb is 1000Mbit shared, MiniVPS is 100Mbit shared I believe.

• @Freek

Thank you, i forgot about Iperweb i will give them a look.

@AnthonySmith

Cheers but there is no way im paying £18.99 for a 512MB VPS, especially a 512MB OpenVZ VPS.

fair one, its guaranteed ram (no vswap/burst) on 8 x 15k disks which is why it is so much.

• Never mind. @AnthonySmith has sorted me out :)

• FreekFreek Member

I've also got a VPS with Adeska in Germany, I believe they are on Hetzner.
    Here's one with 600MB RAM, 30GB Disk and Unmetered Shared 100Mbit Bandwidth for 5.09 euros a month
    However, I should note that I rarely am able to hit speeds of 100Mbit. Usually I can reach speeds of 30-40Mbits.
    http://adeska.de/vserver/vserver-budget/adeskavserver-xxs-budget.html

Thanked by 1djvdorp

You might want to get your name and gravitar changed @VMPort :)

• I know!

But i don't have a clue who to contact to change my name..

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@Chief should be of assistance.
    If not, nudge @vedran or @infinity to see if they can help you out ;)

• Well, iperweb/@prometeus iirc is on a 10gbps interconnect, although individual host nodes are most probably 1gbps each.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited May 2012

@ElliotJ said: @Chief should be of assistance.

This is what i thought... but is he back! (Not spoke to Joel for a long time)

I gathered if i asked vedran or infinity they would say something along the lines of "Chief has to do that".

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@VMPort said: I am looking for 2x OpenVZ based VPS in the EU for a PowerDNS cluster. Preferably from a reputable provider with a choice of 2 EU locations.

Ash, if Italy is ok for you PM me your needs.

S.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

vmport: Gimme a PM with the name you want.. I will do it.

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Try RAM Host or VPS-Forge, they have Germany (Hetzner), and both are very good :)

If you're looking for the absolute bottom price, Cinfu is good as well (also Hetzner), but they have an unexpected reboot every 1 or 2 months. Apart from that, they are perfectly stable.

• @Infinity said: vmport: Gimme a PM with the name you want.. I will do it.

Cheers mate, PM sent :)

• AsimAsim Member

@VMPort EVORack.com or VooServers.com or both

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Not OpenVZ but you can try Edis, they have a lot EU locations available

• WilliamWilliam Member

Yes, with IPv6 also if you use KVM :)

• I'd go with Iperweb for Italy, and Edis for the other (anywhere but Italy)

Reason for this being Iperweb has a Seabone link, helps a ton in that particular country.

5 3 ms 2 ms 3 ms cdlan.milano52.mil.seabone.net [195.22.192.3]

• innyainnya Member

I second on vooservers although it is not openvz.
    How about corgitech? they are VMware and it is solid for me.

• @Wintereise What are the benefits of the seabone link instead of routing via other upstreams? I see Iperweb is going through Level3 when tracing from the US.

• @StabeVDS Seabone is Telecom Italia, pretty much every Internet user you can find in Italy will be using them.

So, having a link means you can offload the traffic directly to them, instead of needing to go to a peering exchange/what not. Helps a ton if you're looking to serve Italy, even though he isn't.

All things considered, I'd place Seabone above a lot of European carriers as well. They're pretty decent.

Edis' Italy location is with i3B, who iirc, needed to get to France and exchange the traffic back to Italy (For Italian traffic, that is). Added a few ms to the latency, 'tis all.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Get one in the UK so when the EU fails you have "some" protection... only kidding! Or am I!

• nabonabo Member
    edited May 2012

@httpzoom said: Get one in the UK so when the EU fails you have "some" protection... only kidding! Or am I!

You know that the UK is a member of the EU since 1973, right? ;-)

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@nabo, I was thinking more about the "single currency"