Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH support review -- Can you just be professional and productive?!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH support review -- Can you just be professional and productive?!

O8amaO8ama Member

GVH support review -- Can your support guy just be professional and productive?!

About 3 days ago, GVH have move my VPS to a new node, which means and IP change. I submit an ticket to request them change my second and third IPs to be not so close to each other. Not sequential I mean. But three days are gone, their support still do nothing except asking me some nonsece like a curious child.
Why just listen to client's need? After all it's just a simple thing to do. And cost 3 days, still not fixed.

When I brought the VPS they get same thing done quiet quickly within a sigle ticket as many other VPS providers. But now, I've reply the ticket 4 times, still not get things done! maybe their new support is just not a tech guy.

I've been use GVH VPS for quiet some time. To be fair, their VPS is quiet stable, as long as to my experiece, I only get several down time for the VPS I purchased. Which is quiet acceptable for low end VPS with such big specs.

I write it here, maybe their owner can do something about it. Or at least I complained

Comments

• BradBrad Member
    edited May 2014

Can a mod please move this http://gvhtalk.com?

• O8amaO8ama Member

@Brad said:

you can move

• PwnerPwner Member

I still think we should add in the GVH category, it's obvious that having two separate forums (community.greenvaluehost.com and gvhtalk.com) just isn't enough for them.

• What questions are they asking? If it's something like "Why on Earth do you need IPs that aren't similar?" it's perfectly understandable to me.

• ricardoricardo Member

O8ama, I assume you don't want contiguous IPs due to SEO. Bear in mind that most of the providers don't have a clue about anything other than sysadmin.

The best/most amusing thing I've heard on here is that "Google says that 'separate class Cs have no ranking relevance'... at a 2011 ICANN meeting". Maybe you can just go with that? So if you're into manipulating search engine rankings and feel like robbing a bank, you should probably just go into the banks assigned "bank robber" queue.

The arguments for obfuscating a relationship between each node/node-owner/website aren't really transferable to justifying to a host why you need a new IP, in my experience.

You'll need a kind host to give you new IPs on separate ranges, they're playing with limited resources and it doesn't really fit in with the style of 'justification' for new IPs. FWIW find a host that offers multiple locations and you'll not get contiguous IPs for each node you bought.

• O8amaO8ama Member

@ricardo said:
    O8ama, I assume you don't want contiguous IPs due to SEO. Bear in mind that most of the providers don't have a clue about anything other than sysadmin.

The best/most amusing thing I've heard on here is that "Google says that 'separate class Cs have no ranking relevance'... at a 2011 ICANN meeting". Maybe you can just go with that? So if you're into manipulating search engine rankings and feel like robbing a bank, you should probably just go into the banks assigned "bank robber" queue.

The arguments for obfuscating a relationship between each node/node-owner/website aren't really transferable to justifying to a host why you need a new IP, in my experience.

You'll need a kind host to give you new IPs on separate ranges, they're playing with limited resources and it doesn't really fit in with the style of 'justification' for new IPs. FWIW find a host that offers multiple locations and you'll not get contiguous IPs for each node you bought.

Thanks for your long reply. I am not asking for new IPS, even not different C class. Just want something not contiguous. That's a personal preference. I just like IPs to be a little different. Which shall be an reasonable request to VPS provider. As almost every VPS supplier can do that for me without a question, even GVH when I ordered the VPS.

It's their poor support I am complain about. As every time I need wait a day to get a reply, and even that they just not get things done. That's waste of life!

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited May 2014

That's the price you pay for going with cheap hosts. TBH I expect very little in the form of prompt replies, I'd prefer never to have to ask the questions in the first place... i.e. as long as everything is working, happy days. Some providers around here to have good reputations for fast support though.

For your request it'd make more sense to contact providers beforehand to see if they can accommodate what you want. Or one step later and on good faith, add it to the "notes" section when you complete an order.

I just like IPs to be a little different. Which shall be an reasonable request to VPS provider.

I would disagree. There must be a 'personal' reason why you don't want contiguous IPs and almost always the reason is "you don't want to appear to be the same person behind all those IPs" (I'm thinking proxies or VPNs now). If I were in GVH's shoes or any other provider, I'd ask for a more concrete reason. Over time, they get to see all the reasons and characteristics of people that potentially cause abuse, and being vague on "reasons why" is a flag.

• O8amaO8ama Member
    edited May 2014

@ricardo said:
    That's the price you pay for going with cheap hosts. TBH I expect very little in the form of prompt replies, I'd prefer never to have to ask the questions in the first place... i.e. as long as everything is working, happy days. Some providers around here to have good reputations for fast support though.

For your request it'd make more sense to contact providers beforehand to see if they can accommodate what you want. Or one step later and on good faith, add it to the "notes" section when you complete an order.

I would disagree. There must be a 'personal' reason why you don't want contiguous IPs and almost always the reason is "you don't want to appear to be the same person behind all those IPs" (I'm thinking proxies or VPNs now). If I were in GVH's shoes or any other provider, I'd ask for a more concrete reason. Over time, they get to see all the reasons and characteristics of people that potentially cause abuse, and being vague on "reasons why" is a flag.

The first time, they change my IPs no question asked. I seldom submit the ticket as long as the server is not down. The reason I submit ticket is they move my VPS to new node, and changed all IPs. If they can do fast and no question asked at first time, why not this time?!

If I am abusing the VPS, GVH shall already find it, as I've been using the VPS for quiet some time.

• ricardoricardo Member

they change my IPs no question asked

Seems to be a common thing with hosts here. There must be a shiny red button in their control panel that migrates IPs in a particular order and ends up putting all your accounts into a contiguous range. I've already suggested to hosts this is undesirable (at least from both our POVs)

There are a couple of hosts here that do own their own IP space and are much less likely to migrate IPs, I'd suggest looking at them for longer term peace of mind, otherwise it's basically roulette.

• wychwych Member

@Brad said:

You would just need to signup and copy and paste the post, GVHTalk.com isnt affiliated with LET.

• challengekechallengeke Member
    edited May 2014

So many GVH thread.

• BradBrad Member

@wych said:
    You would just need to signup and copy and paste the post, GVHTalk.com isnt affiliated with LET.

I know, that was just a joke :P

• jnguyenjnguyen Member

I am terribly sorry to hear about your inconveniences and would like the opportunity to look into this for you.

May I please have your ticket ID #?

• O8amaO8ama Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    I am terribly sorry to hear about your inconveniences and would like the opportunity to look into this for you.

May I please have your ticket ID #?

I've PMed you the ticket ID #

• O8amaO8ama Member

Just for records, this issue is resolved anyway. And GVH also give me two extra IPs (also not contiguous) for free and $5 credits in my accounts.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member

@O8ama said:
    Just for records, this issue is resolved anyway. And GVH also give me two extra IPs (also not contiguous) for free and $5 credits in my accounts.

As our slogan states, "Customer satisfaction is our ethos!"

We're always happy to help :) Have a wonderful day!