Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowendtalk not working on opera mini
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowendtalk not working on opera mini

camargcamarg Member
What happened?
The owner of this website (lowendtalk.com)
has banned your IP address (141.0.8.186).

Comments

• nerouxneroux Member

Looks like Opera's proxy servers got blocked.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

People do all kinds of crap through that proxy. Not sure why opera ever thought that was a good idea.

• petrispetris Member

@jarland said:
    People do all kinds of crap through that proxy. Not sure why opera ever thought that was a good idea.

It was a good idea at the time, just like leaded gasoline.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Both of the world's remaining Opera users are reportedly miffed.

Thanked by 1jar
  • SpiritSpirit Member

I checked forum banlist and there's not such ban. Maybe on webserver level...

@camarg I suggest to use Opera Mobile instead of Opera Mini if that's possible and you won't experience those issues. Opera Mini traffic goes through Opera servers because traffic compression while that's not the case with Opera Mobile.

• SreeSree Member

It's working for me.

• wychwych Member

Disable the proxy speed boost bit (can't remember the marketing buzzword for it).

• nerouxneroux Member

Spirit said: Maybe on webserver level...

@camarg might want to post a screenshot, as this would give a better indication where the error comes from.

@wych said:
    Disable the proxy speed boost bit (can't remember the marketing buzzword for it).

I am not sure if you can do this with the Mini version.

• wychwych Member

@neroux said:
    I am not sure if you can do this with the Mini version.

I thought you could under the options?

• nerouxneroux Member

@wych said:
    I thought you could under the options?

In the Mobile version you can enable and disable it. For Mini I believe its non-configurable.

• wychwych Member

@neroux said:
    In the Mobile version you can enable and disable it. For Mini I believe its non-configurable.

Darn, I thought mini was the mobile version.

• CloudFlare config?

• camargcamarg Member

it is working now

• raindog308 said: Opera Google Chrome

FTFY

• nerouxneroux Member

@mpkossen said:
    FTFY

True unforunately.

• @neroux said:
    True unforunately.

Yep. I loved the old Opera. I simply hate the new one. It's not Opera anymore. It's just a stripped down version of Google Chrome with different logo.

• wychwych Member

@mpkossen said:
    Yep. I loved the old Opera. I simply hate the new one. It's not Opera anymore. It's just a stripped down version of Google Chrome with different logo.

Yeah they switched to WebKit didn't they?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2014

@wych said:
    Yeah they switched to WebKit didn't they?

Nope. Blink or however you spell it, which is Google's the NSA's fork of WebKit.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Opera didn't have an intention to create a proxy with Opera Turbo, they created it with another intention. Yet, people are using it only as a proxy. :P

• wychwych Member

@mpkossen said:
    which is Google's the NSA's fork of WebKit

I actually just fell out of my chair.

• nerouxneroux Member

@mpkossen said:

Yes, it became a Chrome shell with a third of its old feature-set.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

Its right. Some times, I do see the ip banned message in opera mini. It seems to be cloudflare mis configuration

• @neroux said:
    Yes, it became a Chrome shell with a third of its old feature-set.

Indeed. We have enough WebKit/Blink browsers already, we really didn't need yet another one.

Then again, from Opera's point of view, the landscape changed a lot over the past years. They used to ask money for Opera, but when they scratched that, they became heavily dependent on income from search engines to fund development. I think that costs were increasing while the income didn't increase, so they had to make a choice.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    FTFY

Yes, of course - there's a massive worldwide and growing userbase for Opera and Chrome is practically unused.

• camargcamarg Member

Spirit said: @camarg I suggest to use Opera Mobile instead of Opera Mini if that's possible and you won't experience those issues. Opera Mini traffic goes through Opera servers because traffic compression while that's not the case with Opera Mobile.

Yeah I know, but for simple surfing it's light and quick.
    I use the default android browser for websites I have to give credentials etc. etc.

• mpkossen said: Nope. Blink or however you spell it, which is Google's the NSA's fork of WebKit.

Proof? Blink is just faster than WebKit. Why do you think that it's connected with NSA?

• @Profforg said:
    Proof? Blink is just faster than WebKit. Why do you think that it's connected with NSA?

Think you missed the joke ;-)