Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server

Hi,

I'm looking for a dedicated server to run Proxmox.

The server will be used to create VPS templates for a project I'm working with.

The server needs a minimum of 500GB hard drive and at least 8GB RAM.

It has to be able to handle 8 or more KVM/OpenVZ VPS running at the same time as well as creating dumps of the VPS's without too much load.

I'd like 2 IPs minimum although would prefer 5.

Location is not an issue, my budget is $30/pm and I'd be willing to pay quarterly.

Comments

• I guess Delimiter's X5150 with 16 GB RAM would be prefect for this job

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/26861/unbeatable-prices-5-atom-20-4core-x5150-39-8core-l5420#latest

• wychwych Member

Delimiter is probably best.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@wych said:
    Delimiter is probably best.

Delimiter doesn't like me so I can't order it :(

• wychwych Member

@rmlhhd said:

Oh, erm try WSI/Datashack but you may fall short on RAM.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@wych said:
    Oh, erm try WSI/Datashack but you may fall short on RAM.

I'll have a look, I like this http://www.webtropia.com/en/hp-moonshot-rootserver.html Moonshoot M but I don't think the CPU will be good enough.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@rmlhhd said:

A Quad 1.5ghz doesn't feel appealing now, not sure you wanna look at the IP costs either.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@wych said:

€5/ip is pretty expensive.

• @wych said:
    A Quad 1.5 ghz doesn't feel appealing now, not sure you wanna look at the IP costs either.

Quality comes at a price, my friend.In hosting industry, generally you get what you pay for.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    Quality comes at a price, my friend.In hosting industry, generally you get what you pay for.

Sure, quality is determined by the cost of IP's.

I'd rather someone charge a real cost for the box than just add a crazy markup on IP's.

• @wych said:
    I'd rather someone charge a real cost for the box than just add a crazy markup on IP's.

I was refering to cost of dedi, not IPs

• AmitzAmitz Member

Take a look at online.net if France is okay for you and if you do not rely on support being fast.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Amitz said:
    Take a look at online.net if France is okay for you and if you do not rely on support being fast.

I like Online.net - I've just ordered from them.

• wychwych Member

@rmlhhd said:

Yeah, im not keen on the business level addon just to get more IP's but all in all the instant delivery is awesome!

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@wych said:

Ordered and it has been delivered - Within 10 minutes although it's in RAID1 - I've requested them to disable RAID.

• @rmlhhd - Moonshot is absolutely not suitable. I've been playing with these systems on and off for nearly 3 months. They are just for numbers in the Dell/IBM/HP pissing match. HP can now say they have 1000 servers per rack so win the density game, but the machines are not impressive in terms of performance or cost.