Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

£30 monthly budget, for 10 VPS's - can it be done.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

£30 monthly budget, for 10 VPS's - can it be done.

bitbit Member
edited May 2014 in Requests

I'm thinking about replacing 10 VPS's that I have with a provider.

Current spec:
OpenVZ,
512 Ram (1GB burst),
50GB storage,
1TB transfer,
locations around the world <- the nice bit

I'm concerned about their lack of momentum/ugerency on having up to date templates (doesn't have to be bleeding edge, just those that are being supported by the developers and have security support).

Edit:
Just to be clear:
Multiple locations around the world are needed.
Not looking for a dedicated server.

Thanks...

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-classic

Decent network, support time is 2-3 days for tickets. Reliable, and cheap.

• bitbit Member

viCommunications - Thank you for your comment, but I'm not looking for a single dedicated server.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We can do something similar. But we just have Canada location for the moment. Feel free to contact us : http://gestiondbi.com

David

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Spain!

• BoxodeBoxode Member

bit said: Thank you for your comment, but I'm not looking for a single dedicated server.

Whoops, sorry buddy. It's 4AM. :P

If you're looking to cover U.S - I highly suggest BlueVM.com (have quite a few U.S locations) for budget prices and medicore support, good hardware & uptime.

Netherlands, you should look at Ramnode imo. Anything else, I'd personally go with Edis.

Goodluck and with your budget it should be doable. ::)

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

We can do 512mb KVMs in Miami and Vancouver for this pricing. You can either use up to date templates or install the very latest OS using ISO. Only issue I can see is bandwidth in Vancouver, but we might be able to come to some arrangement.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

If you currently have 10 VPS from one provider in 10 different locations seems like you should stick with it. Because otherwise you're going to have to buy from several providers.

If that's okay though, then here's some:

We (Luna Node) can also do Toronto and Chicago, see https://dynamic.lunanode.com/info.php

• bitbit Member

@perennate - on your first point. Having to deal with multiple providers will be an issue.

• OVH used to have many locations on offer, now they don't... However, their low latency plans were surely out of your budget.

edited May 2014

bit said: Having to deal with multiple providers will be an issue.

Yeah then your choices are very limited, only ones I know that offer so many locations and are close to your budget are EDIS and Vultr.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Look at sshVM. 9 locations, 1 in Europe.

FtpIt_Radi said: Look at sshVM. 9 locations, 1 in Europe.

Seems like they have 10 locations total with Phoenix marked "New".

• bitbit Member

@Jack - I like the flexibility of being able to just spin up a node in a area when needed. Which the current provider allows me to do, as long as there is spare capacity in that location.

Currently I'm repurposing them to do distributed a data mining test that’s network bound.

@sundaymouse - I had a couple of test VPS's with OVH when they were first in beta. Looks like they just went with setting up a CDN instead of VPS in each pop.

@perennate - thanks, Vultr is new to me.

@FtpIt_Radi - thanks and will do.

• vultr

• hashwaltzhashwaltz Member
    edited May 2014

Vultr promo, if you spend $100 you can get 10 VPS's for 4 month @ multiple locations, but only 15GB SSD

• tommytommy Member

hashwaltz said: Vultr promo, if you spend $100 you can get 10 VPS's for 4 month @ multiple locations, but only 15GB SSD

they have storage plan with 160 GB space :)

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited May 2014

Crissic have the price and the spec suits your needs. For $2/month, you get 512MB RAM, 512 of SWAP, 100GB of disk, 2 ipv4, Feel free to join them, using this LINK - Affiliate one, if you do not want to use affiliate code, just use this link . Ping @SkylarM