Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Announcement] FTNHosting.net acquires VMPort & its assets - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Announcement] FTNHosting.net acquires VMPort & its assets

1235»

Comments

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Never knew Virtualizor had template support for KVM. Interesting :)

yes they support it. But their template list very limited, so you need to create custom template for your own purpose (until now Debian 6 OS not available).

and solusvm will support that on v2.. :P

• SolusVM has KVM template support, sort of.

• KVM Template support will be included in the 1.12 (BETA) release. I spoke to phill about it yesterday :D

• How many reporters were there waiting eagerly for this 'press release' of yours?

Giant facewall ┐(´д`)┌ヤレヤレ

• Hello,

Due with high demand, we have made the decision to resume services to the UK but at a new facility we are currently awaiting hardware to be shipped to the facility in Maidenhead. We should have a batch of new servers online in the new UK facility within the next 48 hours.

For VMPort customers who would like to migrate to the new UK location, please update your migration ticket or if you haven't requested migration yet, please request one ASAP.

Thanks,
    Chris.M

• TaylorTaylor Member

@FTNChris said: new UK facility

Can new customers buy at this location?

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@liam said: All you need now is some xen

Good news, we are indeed going to be offering both OpenVZ & XEN PV in our UK location !!

@Taylor said: Can new customers buy at this location?

I don't see why not :)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@Jack said: KVM :(!?

Unfortunately not, for the reasons Ethan and I mentioned above.

Expect great disk I/O as usual, in the 180-250 MB/s range ;-)

• TaylorTaylor Member

@FTN_Kevin Are the prices going to be the same?

• laaevlaaev Member

@Taylor said: Are the prices going to be the same?

For existing VMPort customers with active services, we're not going to change their pricing as that wouldn't be fair.

• laaevlaaev Member

For those curious - we're using the Pulsant datacenter in Maidenhead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Yrmu_JKx-Uc

• TaylorTaylor Member

@FTN_Kevin said: For existing VMPort customers with active services, we're not going to change their pricing as that wouldn't be fair.

We im going to be a new consumer :P, so will the prices increase?

• laaevlaaev Member

@Taylor said: We im going to be a new consumer :P, so will the prices increase?

We're going to do an entire revamp of VMPort and will be changing the plans up, prices will be very similar or better.

We'll definately have some LEB specials on our URPad brand when we launch UK.

• laaevlaaev Member

PM Sent @Jack

• TaylorTaylor Member

@FTNChris said: UK facility within the next 48 hours.

Are these online yet? Its been at least 48 hours :P

• AmitzAmitz Member

By the way: Was there an unscheduled reboot of one of your NYC nodes 1 1/2 hours ago?

• We have to put off our UK launch until Monday. We have everything arrived to the facility apart from the hard drives which is coming from a warehouse in Belgium. It was a bank holiday there on Thursday, with that being said they couldn't dispatch it until Friday, for delivery Monday which means we won't be able to setup the UK Nodes until then.

We appreciate your patience, and all VMPort customers awaiting a migration to UK have been kept up to date.

Regards, Ethan

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

The servers are already successfully racked in Maidenhead and we began to migrate people to the Maidenhead, UK servers for those who requested it at VMPort.

Awesome Disk I/O?! You bet!

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.03821 seconds, 213 MB/s

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@FTN_Kevin How do you acquire such I/O Speeds?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jeffrey said: @FTN_Kevin How do you acquire such I/O Speeds?

It's not very hard with an adaptec 2405 raid card. They do ~240M/sec by default

Francisco

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Infinity
  • RadikRadik Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin, When can I buy a European VPS(Luxembourg)?