Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware Exelion!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware Exelion!

My service has been down for over 56 minutes now. The guy says it is 100% uptime in his webhostingtalk post here. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1367094&highlight=exelion . So I talked them and they are now saying they don't offer SLA credits.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Well this sounds like a fucking catastrophe. Thanks for coming to warn us Mr. Wiggles.

• Update: He is now saying the servers will hopefully be back up within 24 hours.... hopefully.

• ricardoricardo Member

Is he taking his dog out for a walk first?

• ricardoricardo Member

well hopefully they have wireless in the hospital wards.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited May 2014

@Wiggles741 said:
    My service has been down for over 56 minutes now. The guy says it is 100% uptime in his webhostingtalk post here. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1367094&highlight=exelion . So I talked them and they are now saying they don't offer SLA credits.

Guess he lied? for a 100% uptime company, 24 Hours downtime seem like a massive catastrophic screw up. And 24 hours hopefully ?

• How can they be offline for 24 hours? It doesn't make sense. Either they have a catastrophic failure like router down or something; or they're doing a BurstNet (joking). But it seems like a long leadtime.

• ricardoricardo Member

Yeah, if it's dedicated I think you have a fair point about 24 hours downtime.

I see their commercial front end is down, tbf savvy outfits have it hosted elsewhere. If they don't have an SLA agreement somewhere in their legal docs then I'd just see that "100% uptime" as marketing speak.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member

@ricardo 100% Uptime, Accept when their down or if you read their Terms it normally has emergency maintenance isn't downtime or something.

• They told me this is a "network issue." I wouldn't consider that emergency maintenance.

• @Wiggles741 said:
    They told me this is a "network issue." I wouldn't consider that emergency maintenance.

A network issue on their part should entitle you to credit or refund based on the terms of their agreement (or so is how our company handles things.) That is legitimate downtime that should count AGAINST the uptime of the service.

• I agree @GoodHosting , but they stated that they do not have a SLA setup. Therefore, they are not required to. Despite what they say in their post advertisement on Webhostingtalk...

• @Wiggles741 said:
    I agree GoodHosting , but they stated that they do not have a SLA setup. Therefore, they are not required to. Despite what they say in their post advertisement on Webhostingtalk...

Marketing != reality. One should research the company they sign up with. Check the Acceptable Use Policy, Service Level Agreement, Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Return / Refund Policy, etcetera before signing that "I agree to..." checkbox.

If they have no SLA for it, then there's nothing you can do besides pray on their integrity as a company [ if they have any integrity ] to credit you for the downtime.

Thanked by 1sirmbhe
  • msg7086msg7086 Member

As I said, they need some time.

• ExelionExelion Member

Servers are back up after a 4 hour downtime.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Exelion said:

Bet that was a tough 4 hours for you, how you holding up bro?

Thanked by 2mpkossen Ruchirablog
  • wychwych Member

@Exelion said:

What was the network issue?

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited May 2014

If you every get a downtime longer than 10 mins switch hosts, even 5 mins for lowend hosts is too much!

Dedicated servers 4 hours due to networking issues is a little long, but perfectly normal. They do look to sort of a budget host though.