Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edis Chicago network problems - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Edis Chicago network problems

2»

Comments

• AldryicAldryic Member

@rds100 said: I wouldn't want to mess with the whmcs database directly myself. It takes just one small typo to create a lot of chaos.

There's a reason I have a dev license, and do all of my work on a testing server :3 And even after testing, it's still good practice to run an sqldump before making any changes.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Aldryic said: And even after testing, it's still good practice to run an sqldump before making any changes.

You never know when the next franning will happen

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Aldryic i think all of that doesn't work when you have custom invoice numbers (for both pro forma and paid)... rather not trying ;-)

@Aldryic said: What are the stipulations involved? WHMCS is very, very malleable; it shouldn't be difficult at all to add in a modification to be able to safely remove a good bit of manual workload while staying in compliance with local law.

It is not adding tax to the credit if the customer is EU (which is ok), however since the paid invoice is then 0EUR (as credits are used) the tax is not correctly in the invoice for the service (it is correctly charged, but not correctly invoiced) which is very bad.
    Something like that, or it was creating 2 non-proforma invoices (one for the credit and one for the service) thus charging the double amount.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@William said: @Aldryic i think all of that doesn't work when you have custom invoice numbers (for both pro forma and paid)... rather not trying ;-)

Haha, well, to each their own. Just trying to explain how automated invoicing works with WHMCS... we've run into the same issue regarding invoices and the next due date problem, so I just figured I'd try and shed some light on it for ya :P

@William said: It is not adding tax to the credit if the customer is EU (which is ok), however since the paid invoice is then 0EUR (as credits are used) the tax is not correctly in the invoice for the service (it is correctly charged, but not correctly invoiced) which is very bad.

Something like that, or it was creating 2 non-proforma invoices (one for the credit and one for the service) thus charging the double amount.

You're using the invoicing system to issue credits, then? Sorry, having some trouble getting the above to make sense :P

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic said: Haha, well, to each their own.

Well again, we don't have a choice - we are REQUIRED to use proforma invoicing by law ;)

@Aldryic said: You're using the invoicing system to issue credits, then? Sorry, having some trouble getting the above to make sense :P

Yes, we need to do this - we need proof and invoices for every cent that comes in and goes out.
    We can't just simply create money - we are not the FED :)

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited May 2012

Heh, sorry, not exactly what I was implying. "to each their own", I was referring to how our respective companies choose to handle things, not saying that you had a choice on taxes/etc :3

I wasn't pointing out that how you choose to handle the workload is wrong @William, just trying to lend you a small hand in making things easier when working within WHMCS. Like I said before, it's a very malleable system, you can make it do pretty much whatever you want it to :3

• aubsaubs Member

@Aldryic is that why your / @francisco 's invoices have "Your logo here" on them and @BlueVM has "Logo Placeholder" on them?! ;-)

• AldryicAldryic Member

@aubs said: @Aldryic is that why your / @francisco 's invoices have "Your logo here" on them

Nope, that's entirely due to my procrastination in knocking off the 'minor/doesn't affect production' items from my to-do list, and Fran's procrastination in getting me a new joint logo to use :3 (I tried making us a logo once and it was veto'd for being 'in bad taste' =)

• u4iau4ia Member

@Aldryic said: 'in bad taste'

pics or it didn't happen.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • AldryicAldryic Member

I don't have the completed anymore, but this image was involved :3

Thanked by 2u4ia Francisco
  • aubsaubs Member

HaHa! :-D love it. Gay horse was the first thing that came to mind! Wouldn't the simple BuyVM or Fran logo be more professional than the default though?

• AldryicAldryic Member

@aubs said: Wouldn't the simple BuyVM or Fran logo be more professional than the default though?

I did it as a gag, bit of an inside joke within the BuyVM community XD (there's another amusing pic, a re-text of a PA strip, inside the My Invoices page). Fran does the professional designs >_>

To be honest, this is something I should've had fixed when we rolled out our modified WHMCS5 update. I'll stay on the boss' case tonight to get me a new graphic to use :P

• aubsaubs Member

@aldryic good good. Something fancy! Though I enjoyed the gay horse. LoL :-)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@aldryic - pfft, I made you a white background one the other month, you're just too set on the pissing horse.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Aldryic