Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudlinux or Litespeed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudlinux or Litespeed

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited April 2014 in Help

Hello

Have to choose two combo. But dont know which is better. I know cloudlinux + litespeed is better but the license prices are a bit high , thats why i want to choose one still now , because my servers load are very very low.

So.

What to combo to choose?

Any suggestion :)?

Poll
  1. What combo?24 votes
    1. 1, Cloudlinux + apache2
      45.83%
    2. 2, Litespeed
      54.17%

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If server loads are "very, very low" then...neither?

Thinking towards the future - it'll be less work to go from:

(a) CloudLinux + Apache -> CloudLinux + LiteSpeed

than to go from

(b) CentOS + LiteSpeed -> CloudLinux + LiteSpeed

Changing web server is just changing a package...well, a bit more but a lot less work than changing the OS.

• @raindog308 said:
    If server loads are "very, very low" then...neither?

Thinking towards the future - it'll be less work to go from:

(a) CloudLinux + Apache -> CloudLinux + LiteSpeed

than to go from

(b) CentOS + LiteSpeed -> CloudLinux + LiteSpeed

Changing web server is just changing a package...well, a bit more but a lot less work than changing the OS.

Thanks for your reply :) Hmm.

• Honestly, CloudLinux and Litespeed are products designed to solve products. Don't ya know the golden phrase "Don't fix what ain't broke"?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Cloudlinux is for isolation and litespeed for performance. If you have customers misbehaving, cloudlinux is the way to go. Litespeed is overrated IMO, the edge over apache in performance is not so big unless you work on a really-really big scale and in that case you should get it too.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • BlastVMBlastVM Member
    edited May 2014

CloudLinux is necessary to help prevent one client from abusing the node, but to be honest that will happen less often on shared hosting than VPS hosting.

I must also state that Cloudlinux and Litespeed are completely different.

• BlastVM said: but to be honest that will happen less often on shared hosting than VPS hosting.

I would have to disagree with that. cough Softaculous WordPress Installs are shit cough.

• defiantdefiant Member

I think it is better to go with cloudlinux for now. Then once you start to have performance issues go with cloudlinux+litespeed. Litespeed is for enhancing the performance and I don't think you would need it for now considering you have very low loads at your server.

• wychwych Member

@Magiobiwan said:
    I would have to disagree with that. cough Softaculous WordPress Installs are shit cough.

Isnt it all the plugins that make WP resource intensive?

• CloudLinux and optimise Apache.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @wych said:
    Isnt it all the plugins that make WP resource intensive?

That and the fact that Softaculous (last time I tried it) defaults to 0644 File permissions. Meaning World-Readable. On a Shared Hosting server, that's not good. If ONE site gets itself compromised/defaced, then the REST will shortly after. CloudLinux with cagefs (magic right there) will help protect against that, but it's STILL a horrible default file permission.

• nginx, FTW