Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS - 1 Year Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS - 1 Year Review

I have been with HostUS for about a year so I thought I would do a review here :)

I got myself a cPanel hosting account from HostUS a year ago to host a personal website, later when they started offering KVM VPS servers I decided to move my website onto it. Alexander offered to help me to migrate the website, which I kindly declined simply because I had the knowledge to do it myself.

Currently I'm having a 1GB OpenVZ VPS with them. I'm using it for development purposes as well as storing database backups. The network is fast but the disk IO is not consistant. I sent in a ticket regarding this issue, Alexander was keen to find the abusers on the node and was able to restore the disk IO.

One thing I dislike is they change the IPs constantly. They have just carried out another IP change last week. I really hope this will be their last IP change because they have their owned IPs now. They have also added IPv6 a few days ago.

I must say that, their customer service has improved a lot from the time I signed up. The response time has been reduced from ~6-12 hours to merely 1 hour.

I do not host websites or databases on this VPS therefore I can't say how stable it is for production use, but it's definitely perfect for developers :)

Benchmark: https://www.petabyet.com/result/2014-04-29-00ca1233c0090db415e5fe1fd5034e3f/

Other HostUS benchmarks (submitted by users): https://www.petabyet.com/search/HostUS/

My rating: 8/10

More reviews coming soon!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

Finally.. A review that's older than a month...

Nicely formatted too nice one!!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thank you @PetaByet for the review. We are now on our own ARIN Allocated IPV4 + IPV6 address, so will never be a change again.

Alexander