Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colo@ Los Angeles (HostHatch) - Slow speeds
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colo@ Los Angeles (HostHatch) - Slow speeds

StellaEVStellaEV Member
edited April 2014 in General

Im curious - is anyone at colo@55 Los Angeles having ultra low speeds?

I am getting around 10-15kb upload at the moment.

Comments

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited April 2014

Indeed very slow speed.You are using hosthatch vps?I was experiencing slow speed in Sweden location after opening the ticket they fixed the problem.

• its 6:17 now - still having the same speeds, and no response to my current ticket.
    @Abdullah - any idea of whats going on or an ETA?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited April 2014

@StellaEV do you know what DC their in? You might be able to find something on either host hatch's twitter or the dc's to see if there is any on going issues.

• I just tested again right now - speeds seem to be all back to normal now on all the servers, though still no indication on the issue causing it.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Please reply to the ticket and we'll investigate this further. I've assigned one of our best techs on it. I believe it was an isolated to a single route, not overall the network or we would've heard a few complaints but we've only heard one from you.

@instatech - the problem in Sweden was hardware related to one node, but @StellaEV has multiple VPS spread on different nodes in LA so it's not similar.

I'll make sure this is resolved for you.

• Thanks to @Abdullah for responding and investigating the issue.

I have confirmed with our network provider (Colo@) and it seems that there was an issue earlier today which affected some of the routes on the LA network. We never got any notification of this from them and this did not affect a lot of clients as only some of the routes were affected (not the whole network) so we couldn't tackle it as it happened. I have made a note to our development team who is building our next idea - an all-in-one monitoring system which is going to monitor every layer of our service. This has been in building for the last few months and we expect it to be completed in the next week or so. It will allow us to tackle such issues in real-time.