Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Initial server setup offers please.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Initial server setup offers please.

SplicksterSplickster Member
edited April 2014 in Requests

Long time lurker...

I currently have a fairly high specification, managed VPS plan. The managed aspect of the server is getting painfully bad however and I find myself fumbling through with any changes/updates I require myself.

With this in mind, I plan on investing in a dedicated server to see how I get on. I would like however, to have the server initially configured correctly as a starting point, and to my needs by somebody who knows what they are doing (hopefully a trusted member from here?)

I'm open to guidance in regards to how best set everything up, but the information I can give is:

• It would be used as a web server to host both dynamic websites and also database driven websites.
  • It would use WHM/cPanel (VPS license I believe can be used if I use one large VPS?).
  • I would like to experiment with Railgun by CloudFlare (Installation is simply a matter of installing via an RPM or .deb file).
  • General server optimisation and hardening.
  • Backup advice.
  • Advice on moving from current server (WHM/cPanel)

I'm sure there will be plenty more questions before offers can be given and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

should have been posted in requests, not offers, don't you think ;-)

regarding your request, I personally would advice not to go on an all including offer, cause this sounds like developing needs and therefore 'more to come' - which will probably not easily be covered by a single pregiven sum.

if you like to discuss your needs a bit closer, PM me, maybe we can work something out or at least point towards a right direction...

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Are you looking for a 1-time setup, or you'd like someone to administer it on dayly/monthly basis?

• SplicksterSplickster Member
    edited April 2014

@Falzo said:
    should have been posted in requests, not offers, don't you think ;-)

regarding your request, I personally would advice not to go on an all including offer, cause this sounds like developing needs and therefore 'more to come' - which will probably not easily be covered by a single pregiven sum.

if you like to discuss your needs a bit closer, PM me, maybe we can work something out or at least point towards a right direction...

Thanks Falzo, I would like to keep it all in the thread but will see how it pans out and if everybody would prefer to be PM'd I will do so..

@Alex_LiquidHost said:
    Are you looking for a 1-time setup, or you'd like someone to administer it on dayly/monthly basis?

Initially, a one time setup, but I'm sure there would be repeat work/recommendations.

• Well I'm quite new here actually this is my first post:) but I'm sure I can help. I'm a senior sys admin with like 8 years of experience. If you PM me your contact details we can get in touch and discuss everything.

• jhjh Member
    edited April 2014

I'd be happy to help you with your new server setup.

My website/rates: http://www.sysadmin.co.uk/services/

My email address: jh at sysadmin.co.uk

I've done plenty of work for members here and elsewhere.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @jhadley said:
    I'd be happy to help you with your new server setup.

My website/rates: http://www.sysadmin.co.uk/services/

My email address: jh at sysadmin.co.uk

I've done plenty of work for members here and elsewhere.

He's well trusted in the community!

+1

• PM's replied to, thanks for your interest :)

• Just a quick follow up to say this was carried out by @jhadley and I'm very happy with his work. The server and backup solution was set up very quickly and professionally.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1jh