Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internet.bs nameserver issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Internet.bs nameserver issue

LESLES Member
edited May 2012 in General

(Mismatched NS records) WARNING: One or more of your nameservers did not return any of your NS records.
(DNS servers responded) ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
The ones that did not respond are:
77.247.183.105 80.83.120.225 216.67.232.70

Comments

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited May 2012

Same problem with my domains :S
    Is there a way to easily setup backup DNS servers?

• subinsubin Member

Same here, thinking of transfering to another registrar or change DNS server.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Try http://dns.he.net/ for DNS.

Thanked by 4yomero subin LES Thorin
  • CINIPACCINIPAC Member

http://1984.is also offers free DNS service, in case you need it more secure than dns.he.net. (secure = anonymous and confidential)

Thanked by 1LES
  • subinsubin Member

Back to normal.
    I hope internetbs DNS server is not hosted in to-be-dead-pool LEB

• CINIPACCINIPAC Member

Maybe it has something to do with the trouble InternetBS recently had with Spamhaus? Spamhaus blacklisted their DNS servers and forced them to update their ToS regarding pharmacy.

I hope InternetBS can solve the problems with Spamhaus, they're doing a great job.

• @subin said: I hope internetbs DNS server is not hosted in to-be-dead-pool LEB

80.83.120.225 seems to be hosted with quickweb

• specklspeckl Member

I've been moving domains from them recently. Their pricing is too low to imo. Strange comment I know, but domains are extremely valuable, and I have some worth a LOT of money.

• IntcsIntcs Member

@speckl said: I've been moving domains from them recently. Their pricing is too low to imo. Strange comment I know, but domains are extremely valuable, and I have some worth a LOT of money.

Anybody has an idea of the most secure domain registrar? Since I've seen once a case with one big forum where the domain registered at Godaddy was hacked and temporarily stolen, later on I've seen them using namecheap, but don't know if it's better for keeping valuable domains/sites.

• LESLES Member

That was the issue:

We are mitigating an huge DDoS attack directed to nameservers. DNS are answering but they are extremely slow because of the DDoS

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/internetbs

Thanked by 1marrco
  • FRCoreyFRCorey Member

Been exploring offering DNS hosting since I could do it with the script I run that allows my VPS owners to manage their DNS via WHMCS.

• KairusKairus Member

I use cloudns, I like it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@DotVPS said: Hostigation offer it via there Solus.

That's just a part of the BETA/latest solus stuff no?

It isn't the first time DNS servers have been pounded hard. It's becoming pretty common to see. I sent internet.bs a tweet to see if we can help at all.

Francisco

@DotVPS said: @Francisco Nope , It's in the main release now. The lovely PowerDNS coding I wonder where they got that from ;)

PowerDNS is a great engine...most of the time. There's major flaws in how their MySQL setup works but other than that, we have no complaints :)

Francisco

• subigosubigo Member

@Francisco said: PowerDNS is a great engine...most of the time. There's major flaws in how they use MySQL for a DNS server but other than that, we have no complaints :)

FTFY

@subigo said: FTFY

powerdns does a lot of caching so it makes life easy to work with. Having to modify/handle bind zones can be quite annoying when you could just do a single row insert and be set :)

Francisco

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@Francisco said: powerdns does a lot of caching so it makes life easy to work with. Having to modify/handle bind zones can be quite annoying when you could just do a single row insert and be set :)

Francisco

Couldn't it also be a gaping huge security flaw? :c

@ElliotJ said: Couldn't it also be a gaping huge security flaw? :c

If they sanitize the values that get inserted then not really :)

You can also make SQL not even use networking and only reply to local unix sockets.

Francisco

• subigosubigo Member

Using MySQL for any kind of nameserver, no matter how it's used, is just retarded. There's no way around it. It's adding another failure point, another area of vulnerability, and is never going to be as fast.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

I setup 2 namerservers and then decided it was not ready for primetime in SolusVM. Far better to write a script to integrate into cPanelDNSOnly than set up the powerdns system up which requires more resources.

The way I have it setup in WHMCS a client just enters the domain name and bam everything that's common to any website is setup. It requires a little extra work to enter SPF/DKIM records, but it's not as crazy as the Solus setup which you can even delete some entries which then require doing direct sql to fix. So back to my WHMCS setup where it makes sense.

• seikanseikan Member

Actually InternetBS website was down too before their DNS server. I'm still struggling whether need to migrate my DNS server :(

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

I use them as well, pretty frustrating, IDK if you guys know this but paypal froze over a million dollars internet.bs had in their account because some random company hired some undercover to register domains related to drugs and other crude and succeeded with doing so with internet.bs, and paypal decided to lock their account. I personally hope internet.bs sues the crap out of them, to teach paypal a lesson. In terms of registering illegal domains that's not internet.bs's fault, all registrars struggle with that, and I find the whole thing ridiculous. Their TOS etc...says not to do that and they acted on it once they were made aware, so they did what they needed to IMHO.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@taipres said: DK if you guys know this but paypal froze over a million dollars internet.bs had in their account because some random company hired some undercover to register domains related to drugs and other crude and succeeded with doing so with internet.bs, and paypal decided to lock their account.

Have a source for this?

• daviddavid Member

I use internet.bs for my domains, but I run my own nameservers. Was this only an issue if you were using their nameservers?

@Aldryic said: Have a source for this?

they mentioned it on their twitter just a bit ago it seems

They link 'paypalsucks.com' up there as well so there's for sure some hurt butts over there

Francisco

@david said: I use internet.bs for my domains, but I run my own nameservers. Was this only an issue if you were using their nameservers?

Right

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

Yeah Paypal and "Legitscript" need to be sued, way I see legitscript acted illegally and paypal acted in a manner that should be illegal, but at the very least that needs to be taken to court. In fact LegitScript should be the ones looked at for purchasing the domains when it was clearly against the companies TOS and illegal regardless. They should also be looked at for disclosing this data, IDK about you, but I feel like if internet.bs went to court they'd take these clowns to the cleaners. I bet they'd beat paypal too for unjustly locking their funds regardless of what their non-sense terms say. Paypal needs far more limitations, and they need new policies in place so they can no longer stomp around untouched. They need to be regulated like banks, flat out.

• subinsubin Member

internetbs.net has moved their DNS to cloudflare. I think i will do the same.

• gianggiang Veteran

I have one domain using their DNS, I didn't notice till it's offline :D Moved to PointHQ :D