Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Vancouver/Seattle Colo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Vancouver/Seattle Colo?

I'm looking for a cheap Vancouver/Seattle Colocation, specifically under $30/month. Anyone know of any? PEER1 is too rich for hobbyist hardware.

Comments

• nunimnunim Member
    edited April 2014

I still haven't found anything affordable in the NW area, I've heard the Westin is affordable for the area but not cheap. Your best bet is finding something in SEA, Vancouver is too expensive and poorly connected to be worthwhile. Using Telus my latency to Seattle (a stable 11ms) is equal or less than my latency to Peer1 and most traffic is US bound anyhow, also Canadian IPs are rarely useful compared to USA ones, i.e. Netflix, Hulu etc...

It's possible that Shaw or Bell is better but judging by my experience with ISPs, it's not going to get any lower on a DSL connection and unless you live in the Downtown Core, that's about all there is... Why isn't FTTH popular here like it was when I lived in the States?

I've been searching for this for awhile, along with Voss and a few others, there's nothing cheap in Vancouver-metro, however I did find this in Surrey, while looking awhile back:

http://www.esecuredata.com/data-centers/

Says they're located in Surrey Central but I didn't know there was much fiber going there, it's most likely a backhaul to Harbor Centre, I'm not sure how connectivity is but you can contact them and see if they do colo.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

nunim said: I've been searching for this for awhile, along with Voss and a few others, there's nothing cheap in Vancouver-metro, however I did find this in Surrey, while looking awhile back:

Called them about a minute ago, they said "no, sorry." It was promising until that fated phone call. Thank you though :D

• @darknyan - Seattle is expensive however you play it - Westin/Fisher both extremely expensive. We do Seattle colo out of Westin but not at $30/month - more like $99/month with 1A I think it is.

Vancouver - Peer1 again stupidly expensive.