Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adobe Cloud is Up
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adobe Cloud is Up

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited May 2012 in General

Got the 29.00 month special and now have access to ALL adobe apps which would cost over 3K a year. Worked out cheaper than upgrading CS5, plus I get more than 6 apps with my CS5 version.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Awesome. Probably going this route soon. It's time to upgrade from CS4...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Now that is a cool service!

Far more reasonable than the insane price they charged.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • seikanseikan Member

Looks amazing! but how you get the $29.00 price? For existing customer, it's $29.99.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • SpencerSpencer Member

Hmm it includes web hosting too. I wonder how good it is.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

That's how I got it, I have CS5.

• Im probably going to stay at CS5

• KairusKairus Member

Cool, Adobe is being a bit more reasonable (now if they only would continue supporting flash on android...). I do wonder if this will end up making them more money than their prior business model.

• @Kairus said: now if they only would continue supporting flash on android

FTFY:
    Now if only flash would die

@topic:
    I think Adobe is gonna make more money with a reasonable leasing model, people who simply couldn't afford the 1000€ to buy their producs can now easily rent them for 30/month.

• CoreyCorey Member

Still really expensive if you don' t have a key from a previous version, and I only use two programs out of all of those >.>

• KairusKairus Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Now if only flash would die

I don't really have a problem with flash. For the most part flash is only used for videos now, and most videos are H.264 encoded, so the difference between flash and HTML5 isn't going to be much...

• CINIPACCINIPAC Member

Flash is simply kind of "outdated" and definately not "state of the art". Furthermore it's a proprietary file format. HTML5 is the future ;)

Thanked by 1jar

@CINIPAC Agreed. Adobe has dropped the ball with Flash so many times. Recent and upcoming changes are absolutely appropriate to keep it relevant, but it bothers me how long it took them to consider HTML 5 as a threat to the platform. It bothers me that a threat is what it took to begin optimizing it to modern standards. I'm more than ready to see Flash gone, though it will be long time before the word is removed from our vocabulary.

• dwilddwild Member

@CINIPAC said: Flash is simply kind of "outdated" and definately not "state of the art". Furthermore it's a proprietary file format. HTML5 is the future ;)

I'm curious to know what you mean by outdated?

• @Kairus said: . For the most part flash is only used for videos now

Actually it's most used for ads imho. Whenever i use a friend's PC without adblock im astonished by the amount of flash ads and how people can cope with them

• KairusKairus Member
    edited May 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Actually it's most used for ads imho. Whenever i use a friend's PC without adblock im astonished by the amount of flash ads and how people can cope with them

It does get used a lot for ads, I guess I never notice them b/c I'm using an adblocker. But I was more talking about youtube, and other video sites.

@jarland said: It bothers me that a threat is what it took to begin optimizing it to modern standards. I'm more than ready to see Flash gone, though it will be long time before the word is removed from our vocabulary.

I think this just how it is for most businesses. Look at Microsoft with Windows Vista. They dropped the ball, got hit hard because of it, and bam Windows 7. Then look at the mobile OS market, it took a competitor (iOS), for smartphone manufacturers to realize "wow our crappy firmware sucks".

@CINIPAC said: Flash is simply kind of "outdated" and definately not "state of the art". Furthermore it's a proprietary file format. HTML5 is the future ;)

I disagree, I don't think Flash is outdated at all, and it definitely is state of the art, considering the HTML 5 spec offers no real advantage over Flash (except that it's an HTML standard). It is a proprietary format, but look at H.264, it might be a standardized, but so is Flash essentially. Flash isn't going to change radically where developers are like "Great all my work is broken and needs a rewrite". But look at the issue of needing licenses for H.264, yet it's accepted and incorporated into HTML5.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I read that when Steve Jobs died, his whole life HTML5'd before his eyes.

• dwilddwild Member

@raindog308 said: I read that when Steve Jobs died, his whole life HTML5'd before his eyes.

I think his whole life H.264'd before his eyes.

• Wow, even if you pay the full price $50 per month that's an awesome deal.

There will most likely be specials floating around to bring this down too.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

I really like Photoshop CS6, finally I can move the app around and all the menus follow.

• Great price, gonna signup this month.

• CoreyCorey Member

Guys... we dont even pay this much for Windows.

@Corey probably because MS Paint and Windows movie maker aren't quite up for comparison ;)

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited May 2012

@Kairus said: For the most part flash is only used for videos now, and most videos are H.264 encoded, so the difference between flash and HTML5 isn't going to be much...

Um. You sure? 'Cause HTML5 videos take far less RAM (and CPU) on my Linux box than Flash videos do. Put quite simply, Flash is just a complete piece of shit, and it's a proprietary format as noted which means there are no other options. With HTML5, how many options do you have? You have as many as support it, which is a ton.

@jarland said: @Corey probably because MS Paint and Windows movie maker aren't quite up for comparison ;)

But Windows (or any mature OS) is far more complex and took far more man-hours to code, not to mention support and fix (or do the little bit that Microsoft does of those two that is).

• CoreyCorey Member

@jarland doesn't really matter - let's see adobe write an OS kernel for us that is completely new. Windows probably spends more man hours developing their OS than adobe does on their line of 100 products.... I mean really adobe... why 100 products? Some of these products features can be combined into others, and some products have repeat features.

But Windows (or any mature OS) is far more complex and took far more man-hours to code, not to mention support and fix (or do the little bit that Microsoft does of those two that is).

+1 @ DimeCadmium

@Corey Didn't think you were serious ;) but I don't think you can compare the price of two entirely different products with two entirely different release cycles, update cycles, and function. This is cheaper than a non student purchasing a new creative suite every year. Depending on your industry, owning it can become more of a requirement than an option. While there are certainly viable alternatives and valid arguments against the existence of some of their applications, they are currently setting the industry standard for a lot of people, and this was a positive move toward a more reasonable price structure.