Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner EX40-SSD in NY area (USA)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner EX40-SSD in NY area (USA)

Helo, I know there's nothing like Hetzner in USA, but what's the closest offer to this SSD Hetzner server? I have nodes from them there and looking for similar offers in NY area.

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex40ssd

Specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-4770
Quadcore Haswell
incl. Hyper-Threading Technology
RAM32 GB DDR3 RAM - Hard Drive 2 x 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD
(Software-RAID 1) - Connection 1 Gbit/s - Port - Guaranteed Bandwidth 200 Mbit/s - Backup Space 100 GB - Inclusive Traffic 20 TB*

Thanks !

Comments

• What about this:

HP Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB - $49/mo (Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Minneapolis)

Eight L5520 cores, 16 threads, VT support - runs all major OS, perfect for web hosting, VPS server or Minecraft

• 2 x Quad Core L5520 Xeon
    • 24GB RAM
    • 1TB Disk (hardware RAID already on board - add second disk for RAID1/RAID0)
    • Gigabit port
    • /29 IPv4 Subnet
    • /64 IPv6 address block
    • Hardware RAID Controller
    • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
    • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
    • 25TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (Pay annually get that doubled to 50TB)
    • OS: Centos, Ubuntu, Scientific Linux, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, Windows (bring your own license) or install your own ISO via the Virtual Media
    • Unmanaged

$49/month (payable annually at $588/year) - Coupon SAVEAPRIL2014 (Annuals get double bandwidth)

$59/month (payable quarterly at $177/quarter) - Coupon SAVEAPRIL2014

$69/month (payable month-to-month) - Coupon SAVEAPRIL2014

Atlanta Order Here

New York Order Here

I think you can get an 256GB SSD in there for $10-20/month

54 Euros = $74 - so if you pay quarterly you'll be about right

Or Delimiter's E3-1230 - add extra 16GB RAM and SSD (but will be higher than your budget)

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Hi Mark, thanks for your nice reply.

I only see that one only SSD disk (just 128GBs) the system is asking for $50, I don't see any comparation.

Is there anything that am I missing ?

• +The difference b/w support and Hetzners options. Keep that in mind too.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member
    edited April 2014

• srvrpro said: srvrpro Member

I don't know anything about that "Delimiter's" company, but I suppose u mean that this US company doesn't have a comparable support, is that what u mean? thanks

• KeyJey said: I don't know anything about that "Delimiter's" company, but I suppose u mean that this US company doesn't have a comparable support, is that what u mean? thanks

I've used both, and I found hetzner better, that could be because its a big company. With Delimiter however I used a much smaller product, but as you're going for a better one, maybe you'd have a better experience with them.

• You could also checkout dacentec, they don't have a SSD server right now but they keep adding them on a regular basis, just keep an eye.

• FalzoFalzo Member

server4you is now offering SSD too, and they have US location, http://www.server4you.com/dedicated-server/pro-server.php esp. ProServer UltraPOWER X6 should be comparable the hetzner offer. I can't say much about their support though.

• @Keyjey - the SSD pricing drops once you apply the coupon. PM and I'll help you sort the spec out.

• Falzo said: server4you is now offering SSD too, and they have US location, http://www.server4you.com/dedicated-server/pro-server.php esp. ProServer UltraPOWER X6 should be comparable the hetzner offer. I can't say much about their support though.

Not bad, but this is not correct

"How can I test the speed of Server4You?"

"Our website is hosted on exactly the same configuration and is connected over the same lines. Just make a traceroute or ping"

All the time appears in Europe, so I can't check connectivity.

• FalzoFalzo Member

probably you can easily send in an mail asking about testfile/testip of their us location, don't you? ;-)

afair are they registered company in US as 'Hosting Solutions International', one can lookup IP-ranges as follows: http://bgp.he.net/AS30083#_prefixes

but maybe you just want to google something like 'server4you united states ip' to find some of their servers for a quick traceroute ;-)

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Totally agree, I'll do that, thanks :)

• @KeyJey said:

Their support is good. Had problem > support > solved within 50 minutes , asnwered within 5 minutes for me.

This was 10PM

Support ticket.. if sales or billing you have to wait 6-8hr

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • ZweiTiger said: ZweiTiger Member

The only problem is that limited 100MB connection. I see that very illogical for a server with SSD disks.

I'll ask them also if any option to upgrade to Gigabit.

• @KeyJey - the offer I sent you is gigabit as standard as well as all the other things you wanted.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • @MarkTurner said:
    KeyJey - the offer I sent you is gigabit as standard as well as all the other things you wanted.

@Mark, I think that @ZweiTiger reply was about another provider that we're discussing: server4you.com.

• @KeyJey - I know - my point was we have GE as standard and can meet your price and delivery schedule