Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low end spirit - NL down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low end spirit - NL down?

Anyone else?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yep, sounds like DDOS.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Ticket raised?

• wychwych Member

Someone going after low end hosts this weekend?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    Someone going after low end hosts this weekend?

Pattern so far seems to be NL-based hosts.

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@Nekki said:

Better than UK as per, but not good in general and for all clients affected.

• Hey guys, just a FYI that this service is 3 EUR a year ;)

• sc754sc754 Member

I have an NL and UK LES, but since Openvpn stopped working on both of them I don't use them anymore. Shame really, I liked the idea ;(

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Hey guys, just a FYI that this service is 3 EUR a year ;)

Doesnt matter how much you pay; being affected by a DDoS is a PITA for the clients let alone whichever host is dealing with it.

If it is a DDoS it also indicates its not just GVH that seems to have got hit so more hosts could get hit over the next few days.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sc754 said:
    I have an NL and UK LES, but since Openvpn stopped working on both of them I don't use them anymore. Shame really, I liked the idea ;(

Still works for me on them, what was your issue?

• I asked if it was down - it wasn't a complaint. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was restricted to myself.

0xdragon said: Hey guys, just a FYI that this service is 3 EUR a year ;)

• @wych said:
    If it is a DDoS it also indicates its not just GVH that seems to have got hit so more hosts could get hit over the next few days.

Yeah it's a real pain in the ass :(

I have 6 or 7 LES servers.

• sc754sc754 Member

@Nekki said:

No idea, did a reinstall twice on them and reinstall openvpn but still nothing. Works fine on my ramnode vps's

• sc754 said: No idea, did a reinstall twice on them and reinstall openvpn but still nothing. Works fine on my ramnode vps's

They don't have the module installed on the kernel for it, Anthony is quite open about it.
    His services aren't meant for VPNs etc.

The node I see frequent downtime with (not for long, but frequent) is the UK node. Also not complaining but sometimes I do wonder what's going on.

• sc754sc754 Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    The node I see frequent downtime with (not for long, but frequent) is the UK node. Also not complaining but sometimes I do wonder what's going on.

That's not true, I had a vpn running on those vps's for 3 months before it stopped working. Unless he removed the module recently?

• sc754sc754 Member

@AThomasHowe said:

Yeah true about the downtime, another reason I stopped using them

• sc754 said: That's not true, I had a vpn running on those vps's for 3 months before it stopped working. Unless he removed the module recently?

It seems here that he does allow it now if your ticket in? I am sure at one point he didn't though because it's such a hands-off service.

sc754 said: Yeah true about the downtime, another reason I stopped using them

I use them for personal stuff so I don't mind, I just notice because I get e-mails when it goes down. It's only like 1-2 mins at a time.

• sc754sc754 Member

@Jack said:
    Did you try licking the window? Usually fixs openvpn issues I find...

I think I'll stick with looking at the logs... thanks anyway for that useful input

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sc754sc754 Member

@AThomasHowe said:

Oh ok, yeah I'll just stick with my other ones. I'm sure LES is useful for some purposes, just not for mine.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Just tested opening my website on the NL node and it was working.
    However, it is using Cloudflare ipv4->ipv6

• I tried it earlier and it was working fine for me. Never had any issues with LowEndStock (and I have them since the very beginning, multiple locations). I also have a VPN on one of them. Excellent service, no downtime that I can remember.

• sandrosandro Member

My Italy VPS is down, their website in NL is as well.

• MuZoMuZo Member

All LES locations where I have a vps: IT - US - NL are down

• sandrosandro Member

That's odd, all locations at once?

• duyan13duyan13 Member
    edited June 2014

@sandro said:
    That's odd, all locations at once?

Since they are using openvz I think that they are updating openvz since a new exploit has been released that is rated as critical ...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Update was on the forum and is currently in the client area all nodes are rebooting due to the update for security.

Dallas is giving me trouble should be up in 15 minutes I expect, with the container volume and old hardware it takes a while sorry.

as for the old comments about openvpn it is easy enough to fix if you want it fixed :)

Thanked by 1sandro
  • sandrosandro Member
    edited June 2014

Next time is it possible to have these scheduled reboots sent via email or twitter? I didn't think of checking the forum :D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@sandro said:
    Next time is it possible to have these scheduled reboots sent via email or twitter? I didn't think of checking the forum :D

I put it on the forum and the client area, if it was scheduled absolutely no problem if you will check twitter and not the inception announcements then that is what I will do but in this case it was reactive maintenance that had to be done double quick.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@sandro said:

This was an emergency reboot because of the vuln. Unfortunatly it included some issues after node reboot.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

IT and UK still down, any news?