Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostigation network having brief outages more often
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostigation network having brief outages more often

Has anyone else noticed the network blips (or is it just me)? Seems to happen more often than it used to. I'm not complaining, just wasn't sure if it was technical issues with their network or due to abusers.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Xei said:
    Has anyone else noticed the network blips (or is it just me)? Seems to happen more often than it used to. I'm not complaining, just wasn't sure if it was technical issues with their network or due to abusers.

Have you raised a ticket with them to request an explanation?

• XeiXei Member
    edited April 2014

It usually does resolve within a short duration, maybe the longest could have exceeded 30 minutes but I don't log this stuff (I'd say the majority are < 15 mins). I've moved most of my important stuff to other providers. Haven't made a ticket, but I assume other people have used them and may know what's up (this is LET after all). :p

• wychwych Member

Raise a ticket and ask them.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Xei said:
    It usually does resolve within a short duration, maybe the longest could have exceeded 30 minutes but I don't log this stuff (I'd say the majority are < 15 mins). I've moved most of my important stuff to other providers. Haven't made a ticket, but I assume other people have used them and may know what's up (this is LET after all). :p

If you don't let the provider know, it's possible that they won't know there's an issue at all, so a ticket should always be your first port of call. Posting here to ask if anyone knows what's up first is just a bit of a strange thing to do IMO.

• You should open a support ticket so the provider know about it.Maybe it is happening due to a abuser in the node

• Also if you experience a downtime it would make sense to make a traceroute and include it with the ticket to the provider. It might be something elsewhere choking, not necessary in the provider's network, the traceroute could help diagnose the problem.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • ElChileElChile Member
    edited April 2014

@Xei do you mean like this (link)?

• XeiXei Member
    edited April 2014

It would lag up totally, not reachable, blabla. I always ask at the LET chan if there's hiccups with any of the many providers I'm with, no one says it's weird! I didn't realize there'd be such a negative reaction on the forums though! Seems quicker to ask people versus making a ticket there to see if others are experiencing issues at the same time (also reduces the amount of redundant tickets being reported by many people). :P

@ElChile : I have a VPS in the NC location for maybe 2 years now. It just seems like they have blips like what you showed more frequently now (except yours is the LA location).

It resolved within 15-20 min as usual though... but I figured I'd ask if other people are noticing the same issues I am.. that's all.

They're still in my top 10 without a doubt! This was not meant to be a negative thread.. but see if other people were sharing the same experiences.

• @Xei - I understand what you said, and agree. You were not being bad to host, just trying to see if problem was yours or theirs (me too). Hostigation is long time member here at LET. Tim is well loved. People here do not like negative comments about the ones they love, understandable. Hope things work out good for you.

• OstCollectorOstCollector Member
    edited April 2014

There seems to be some network problem in KVM/LA several days ago.
    I wrote several scripts to constantly download files. And I got more wget failures than expected those days. but it seems to be OK now.

well, Now I got it again, with IPv6 packet loss of 100% for a while. though hostg-quadra-gw.hostigation.com seems to be not affected.

Now reporting several "Destination host unreachable."

Thanked by 1ElChile