Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long is too long for Hardware failures? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long is too long for Hardware failures?

2»

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

When does VolumeDrive allow you to pop in like that? I hear VolumeDrive has their own DC now in Jacksonville FL, which is a 2 hour drive from me and their colo price is really cheap

• @Jeffrey said: When does VolumeDrive allow you to pop in like that? I hear VolumeDrive has their own DC now in Jacksonville FL, which is a 2 hour drive from me and their colo price is really cheap

Remember, if your emailing VolumeDrive to make sure your email has a font size of 50px at least.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@subigo said: Yeah, they've had the same site since the late 90's I think

Same mentality too I bet, you've already pointed out same pricing still .... I visited some dialup provider in Springfield in the mid 90's. can't remember who it was, they were like 10 times smaller than I was at the time and he thought he was all that and a bag of chips trying to buy me out.

• beardbeard Member

@KuJoe GoRACK is in downtown Jacksonville, of course you need security like that.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

@beard said: @KuJoe GoRACK is in downtown Jacksonville, of course you need security like that.

LoL!

@Jeffrey said: When does VolumeDrive allow you to pop in like that? I hear VolumeDrive has their own DC now in Jacksonville FL, which is a 2 hour drive from me and their colo price is really cheap

VolumeDrive is in GoRACK.

@subigo said: You think a few dogs are an obstacle?

It would be nice if it was only a few dogs. 3 checkpoints, 2 body scans, 1 vehicle check, 1 equipment check, 2 metal detectors, 1 man trap (complete with sound and gas defenses), 1 .50 caliber mounted machine gun, a handful of shotgun ports in the lobby, and then to get into GoRACK you need badge access. Needless to say, if you are a smoker, you don't want to take a break to go grab a cigarette there and if you're hungry, you eat on site or have them order a pizza. Overkill? Probably, but I can guarantee you that if there was a natural disaster in FL, GoRACK would be where I'd want my equipment.

@DotVPS said: then there network sucks!

Actually, GoRACK's network is pretty nice. I wish E Solutions had nLayer, they were extremely awesome.

@DotVPS said: I guess volumedrive put to many servers on there switch then as there network sucks.

There is a good possibility they have their own bandwidth directly from providers.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@KuJoe Oh really? I had an idea that they were, but someone told me that they had their own DC in Jacksonville, Interesting

• flyfly Member

@kujoe the reason why gorack needs such prior notice is because they're located in a federal reserve building....?

@kbar said: the reason why gorack needs such prior notice is because they're located in a federal reserve building....?

That and because they aren't always on-site. In an emergency they can be on-site in a few minutes but as I understand it they are not 24x7 right now (could have changed after we left).

@Jeffrey said: Oh really? I had an idea that they were, but someone told me that they had their own DC in Jacksonville, Interesting

They might have their own network in GoRACK which some consider their own data center if they are just leasing space.

Where did you get that pic?? LoL.

@DotVPS Thanks! I always thought that row was them but GoRACK would neither confirm or deny it and they don't label anything on their servers/racks. Now I can sleep better at night. LoL.

• JacobJacob Member

Arranged a deal with James at IceColo, I am going to arrange a date for all my curious clients to move UK1 and get UK2 racked and ready.

Price is a little more expensive, But. They have a far superiour network and 24 Hour access.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Jacob said: IceColo

Cant find any test files for them and burstnet seem to have a fine network for me, any chance of extra bandwidth when you move? :P

• JacobJacob Member

Not moving for a good month or two atleast, I am on a 3 Month contract @ BurstNET.

@Taylor said: Cant find any test files for them and burstnet seem to have a fine network for me, any chance of extra bandwidth when you move? :P

• ChronicChronic Member

@Jacob said: Price is a little more expensive

For you, the clients or both?

• JacobJacob Member

@DotVPS From the Synergy house to IceColo it is a 15 Min drive.
    Under a hour most likely, We still need to justify PI Space so that is another delay.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Jacob said: UK2 racked

Is this likely to be in the same time frame as UK1?

• JacobJacob Member

@Taylor Yup, Both should be done near enough at the same time.

• JacobJacob Member

@DotVPS We need PI Space, IceColo charge £1.00/IP.

• JacobJacob Member

@DotVPS Huh?

• JacobJacob Member

@DotVPS £1.00/IP no matter on your allocation size.

• WilliamWilliam Member

FYI: BurstNET is INSIDE IceColo aswell

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@William said: FYI: BurstNET is INSIDE IceColo aswell

I'd be concerned if they were colocating outside the building :)

Francisco

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

Nope, Not quite. BurstNET are in the synergy house, While the office is in green heys.
    The facility they use is GoRack. <-- I could be wrong, But they are seperate facilities.

IceColo have their own datacenter, Have one of the largest networks in the UK, This is why I was saying that the network would improve hugely.

IceColo

AS3292 TDC Data Networks

AS3549 Level 3 Communications, Inc. (GBLX)
    AS3257 Tinet SpA
    AS174 Cogent Communications
    AS41495 Faelix Limited
    AS39392 SuperNetwork s.r.o.
    AS8312 Zylon Internet Services vof
    AS6939 Hurricane Electric, Inc.
    AS34555 C.C.S. (Leeds) Ltd
    AS12989 Eweka Internet Services B.V.

BurstNET Europe

AS12989 Eweka Internet Services B.V.

AS174 Cogent Communications
    AS9002 ReTN.net