Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode policy on "hacking content" / "warez"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode policy on "hacking content" / "warez"

Hi all,

Just wondering what ramnodes policy is for hacking related content and/or warez. Their TOS/AUP is a bit tricky to go through, so a direct answer would be nice.

Cheers.

Comments

• CakeyCakey Member

They follow American laws, so I would take that they would not allow it.

• Have you asked in tickets? I'm sure @Nick_A will be able to answer here.

• Generally with the decent providers it's "if you have to ask, it's not allowed".

Search for something hosted in Ecatel, they don't care about your content, etc.

• rds100 said: Generally with the decent providers it's "if you have to ask, it's not allowed".

Our existing provider has no issue with our content as we have proper legal policies and restrictions in place. It's a large and reputable U.S provider.

Ramnodes prices are just.. amazing and it's tempting, hence the reason for asking.

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited April 2014

@rds100 said:
    Generally with the decent providers it's "if you have to ask, it's not allowed".

Search for something hosted in Ecatel, they don't care about your content, etc.

Still Nick doesn't suspend people for asking unlike some companies so OP should be fine with asking them via a ticket <.<

Also oh dear ecatel, it's better just to get frontends and go from there.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NickkNickk Member

said: Just wondering what ramnodes policy is for hacking related content and/or warez. Their TOS/AUP is a bit tricky to go through, so a direct answer would be nice.

They run a tight ship over at Ramnode. I really doubt they are going to want people to start hosting stuff like that and bringing in copyright problems and DDOS.

• CakeyCakey Member

@Nick said:

Yea if you get a DMCA they won't be too happy (Personal experience)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Having a bit of trouble finding safe harbor for your pet project?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nobody is happy with DMCAs, even if not us based. Except, of course, those poor bots which ask you to take down links tot heir sites or to trailers... Those brighten the day :P

• Maounique said: Nobody is happy with DMCAs, even if not us based. Except, of course, those poor bots which ask you to take down links tot heir sites or to trailers... Those brighten the day :P

To be quite honest, the DMCA would be the thing I'm least worried about.

• Rallias said: Having a bit of trouble finding safe harbor for your pet project?

Our current host is perfectly fine and happy with having us as clients. I'm leaning towards a dedi from within the OVH network (when the time comes) - but we are looking for a U.S frontend for existing infrastructure and because we wanted to deploy a new security setup and needed a U.S based frontend (with another provider) for it.

Would you suggest any providers?

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

Limestone Networks host HF. Try them.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Cakey said: Yea if you get a DMCA they won't be too happy (Personal experience)

It usually takes repeated DMCAs to make us unhappy. Did you have a bunch or something?

@viCommunications - I appreciate your interest in hosting with us, but that sounds like a project best left for another host.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • CakeyCakey Member
    edited April 2014

Nick_A said: It usually takes repeated DMCAs to make us unhappy. Did you have a bunch or something?

Don't mind me Nick, :l.

And yes a couple, Cloudflare was messing with us sending to all ips added which was fun stuff.

• I doubt RAMNode will allow this.

• viCommunications said: Would you suggest any providers?

I'm sure you know with our history together I'd not provide any recommendations.