Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever sacrificed quality for price?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Have you ever sacrificed quality for price?

NekkiNekki Veteran
edited April 2014 in General

Srs question folks; as per the topic, have you ever knowingly/willingly sacrificed performance for price when it comes to a VPS?

Where this is coming from: some months back, I had an VPS that I used for RDP. It was snappy, responsive, all I could ask for. It was also $7 a month.

Then, along came a special, that gave less (but easily sufficient) resources for $19 a year, in a better location (for me). I bought said special and, lo and behold, performance was acceptable but not a patch on my lovely $7 VPS.

What did I do? I cancelled the $7/month VPS because I could get by with the $19/year. But not a day goes by that I don't think fondly of that VPS, and the times we had together.

Come share your stories, my friends.

Comments

• Yes, I have a GVH box that I log into occasionally and use up more RAM than I have free on other boxes and it works fine... but it is idle 99% of the time. It doesn't really matter to me how reliable it is, I only use it for a few hours at a time and it has no public facing services.

My main concern with it is if they'll still be here in a year when my $15/y plan is up.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    My main concern with it is if they'll still be here in a year when my $15/y plan is up.

Of course we'll still be here in a year. :)

• Yep, and I severely regret going with GVH.

• GreenValueHost said: Of course we'll still be here in a year. :)

Well, time will tell. I didn't mean to imply I was worried about it.