Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual L5410 Systems for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dual L5410 Systems for sale

mikehighendmikehighend Member
edited May 2012 in General

Hi Everyone,

I'm selling 2 of the following servers:

SuperMicro SC811 Chassis (2 bay hot swap)
520 Watt Power Supply
Dual Xeon L5410 CPU (LOW POWER 50 WATT CPU'S, WOW!!)
4 x 2GB DDR2 ECC Memory
SuperMicro X7DCA-L Motherboard
$199/each
$35 shipping to anywhere in the USA via UPS Ground

These systems are guaranteed working, as they are currently racked up in my cabinet at home. The project I was using them for has launched so I no longer need the development environment at home.

These servers are use the LOW POWER L series processors, which mean they consume about 1-1.2 AMP 120VAC. That's roughly half what you normally get with "E" series Xeons. That means these systems are still easily profitable in today's power sensitive datacenter.

I'm selling these systems without hard drives but if you buy both I'll throw in a 160GB Western Digital drive into each, free.

Thanked by 1Liam

Comments

• FTNEthanFTNEthan Member
    edited May 2012

As a heads up- this server is easily over 1Amps after the drives are in. Most providers will round this off to 2 Amps if you are using Single Server Colocation.

• Hi Ethan,

Drives only take between 5-7 watts, so that is not accurate. In a no load state the servers use about .85-.9 AMPS 120VAC and in load less than 1.2 AMPS. Again, you have what I'm selling confused with E Xeon chips.

The servers are in NY right now.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

Nvm. Found it.

• What?

• JacobJacob Member

Interested, Got any drives for sale that you could chuck in?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

I"m interesting but i need upgrade ram to 32gb and 4x 1tb 7200rpm 6.0Gb/s

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I'm interested as well, by chance do you have any spare drives?

• JacobJacob Member

What's the point in such spec drive without HW RAID, Normal WD Black 3.0Gb/s would do the exact same. RE4 and better drives with HW RAID.

@key12 said: "Im interesting but i need upgrade ram to 32gb and 4x 1tb 7200rpm 6.0Gb/s

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I can think of a ton of uses for this with the FakeRAID option and 2 80GB drives. Would love to grab one of these.

• I can provide 2 x 160GB HDD per system for an extra fee of $30 per system. Or free if you buy both.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited May 2012

@KuJoe said: I can think of a ton of uses for this with the FakeRAID option

I can never think of a use for FakeRAID, use mdadm first, please, for the love of god ;)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Jacob said: What's the point in such spec drive without HW RAID, Normal WD Black 3.0Gb/s would do the exact same. RE4 and better drives with HW RAID.

I have the Raid Card 3WARE 9550SXU-4LP RAID controller

• So is anyone interested in the servers? Let me know, I'd really like to sell them soon as they are sitting in the cabinet turned off right now.