Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH/Kimsufi policy on "hacking content" & "warez"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH/Kimsufi policy on "hacking content" & "warez"

Does anybody here know what policy OVH (primarily speaking, Kimsufi) have against hacking/computer security related content & warez?

Did a bit of research and haven't managed to find anything.

Comments

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2014

France servers = hadopi law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HADOPI_law

Edit: The HADOPI law was revoked on 10 July 2013 by the French Government because the punitive penalties imposed on copyright infringers was considered to be disproportionate.

• jmginer said: France servers = hadopi law

One of my sites generally doesn't host any piracy content; buts its on the "grey" side - we haven't had any issue as of yet, but could in the future and don't want to be suspended out of the blue.

Kimsufi seem great, reliable uptime, medicore support, A+ control panel & dirt cheap. I've seen people using them for seedboxes; so I think they'd let my content on their nodes.

Quite interesting. Will await a few more replies. :) ty guys!

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited April 2014

Be aware. OVH/SoS/Kimsufi can close full account (suspend all servers) in case of abuse to one server.

• @jmginer said:
    Edit: The HADOPI law was revoked on 10 July 2013 by the French Government because the punitive penalties imposed on copyright infringers was considered to be disproportionate.

Not sure where you're getting that from, but as a French, I'll assure you that Hadopi still exists and they still annoy some of us here. Though, most people don't give a flying fuck about it.

On the other hand, French authorities are keen on cracking down on warez boards - or at least, they were -. I'm confident that using a Kimsufi dedi as a seedbox isn't a problem at all, but if you're escalating its usage to hosting warez/hacking content, OVH will probably poke at you at some point.

But then again, what do you define as "hacking/computer security related content"? Selling RATs on a hacker forum isn't the same as discussing generally about hacking & infosec.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@iceTwy

I also thought HADOPI still exists, but when I read wikipedia details I have edited my post.

Maybe wikipedia information is incorrect. That's where I've read.

• Still waiting for a direct answer from anybody. :)

• @viCommunications said:
    Still waiting for a direct answer from anybody. :)

Why don't you just contact OVH directly to see their policy?

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2014

Kimsufi TOS are a 404 link for me on the UK site, so you should be in the clear ;)

http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/en/termsofservice/

That said, make sure to keep offsite backups and/or duplicate everything to a server with another provider. I'm not a big fan of kimsufi for production use anyway, mostly due to HDD failures...

• OVH have a huge network rife with abuse that's pretty hard to police, and a lot of it like seed boxes they seem pretty nonchalant about as long as you're on dedicated hardware so you may be in the clear, although you'd probably of been better off trying to hide your DNS through cloud flare etc and not made them aware of you if they do a search. There were rumblings that at least at one point the Silk Road was operating out of OVH (behind proxy servers and for of course, but you're not Ross U :P) so you could probably dip under the radar.

Is it for HackerTalk? From a quick look it doesn't really look too offensive, I think it's the marketplace you may see issues with a lot of hosts though. It seems pretty tame now but all it takes is a few assholes to get your site some real negative attention and that's probably it for you. You would probably get away with most DDoS protected EU hosts for a time to be honest (maybe not here in the UK) but it's always gonna be a chance they'll boot you.

Going back to Silk Road and the darknets, Black Market Reloaded had their forum server seized by the Iranian authorities and you would probably guess that they don't really care about some Westerners talking about another site they buy drugs from through tor but they seized it anyway so who knows where you can really safely host that kinda content anymore.

• How do I contact Kimsufi? I'd like to ask them about their acceptable use policy to get an answer from them firsthand.

• you'd probably of been better off trying to hide your DNS through cloud flare etc and not made them aware of you if they do a search

@AThomasHowe Could you please explain a bit what is Cloudflare and how in short am I supposed to use it? (I am a noob, but I'm willing to learn) Cloudflare is normally used for DDoS Prevention, right?

• @Nickolai said:
    AThomasHowe Could you please explain a bit what is Cloudflare and how in short am I supposed to use it? (I am a noob, but I'm willing to learn) Cloudflare is normally used for DDoS Prevention, right?

you sign up, switch your domain's DNS servers to the ones Cloudflare tells you to use, and then on Cloudflare's control panel you set up A/Cname records, etc..

When someone visits your domain they go to Cloudflare first so it doesn't reveal your IP (and people can't find out who your host is without contacting Cloudflare)

• CloudFlare would still respond to DMCA requests and forward the complaints to the site owner and hosting provider (we can't take content down, however, so that would be up to the hosting provider).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Have you considered hackforum? Plenty of fellow skids there who are happy to help you pick out a shitty, I mean quality new host ran by respectable individuals :)

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2014

@jarland said:
    Have you considered hackforum? Plenty of fellow skids there who are happy to help you pick out a shitty, I mean quality new host ran by respectable individuals :)

Lol he does not even know about CF so please don't troll :p

Just imagine what if he believes your words & signs up with one of those uncountable number of scammers at HF.

Thanked by 2jar Cakey
  • CakeyCakey Member

@K2Bytes said:
    Just imagine what if he believes your words & signs up with one of those uncountable number of scammers at HF.

The problem there is that OP is already a user of HF <.<

• RalliasRallias Member

Cakey said: The problem there is that OP is already a user of HF <.<

Actually, he's got 3 banned accounts.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

Rallias said: Actually, he's got 3 banned accounts.

Aren't you that guy that use to run a carding forum? :)

http://www.blackmarket.cc/ directed to "ubernerd.us" registered to Rallias.

If anybody wants a preview,

I'm sure no provider would you touch even with a 10 foot pole.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • SynthGlowSynthGlow Member
    edited May 2014

Thats mine you sack of shit :C

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • lol, it makes me laugh how kids using booters think they're hackers.> @damoncloudflare said:

CloudFlare would still respond to DMCA requests and forward the complaints to the site owner and hosting provider (we can't take content down, however, so that would be up to the hosting provider).

so you guys only give up the server IP/host? you don't give out the name/email used to register on your site?

• Nickolai said: @AThomasHowe Could you please explain a bit what is Cloudflare and how in short am I supposed to use it? (I am a noob, but I'm willing to learn) Cloudflare is normally used for DDoS Prevention, right?

No, cloud flare is a content delivery network or CDN. It tries to cache all the static content it can and serve those files directly from their servers to save your computing power and bandwidth. They also do DNS redirection and as a result it offers good DDoS protection but they won't let you keep mitigating attacks for free forever - if you want to use CF for reliable protection you should be on the business plan. CloudFlare never promises free attack mitigation.

@viCommunications you know what you're developing, a black market for illicit illegal services, is a totally different ball game to a hacking forum. A lot of them include it now but hosts and complainants are going to be less lenient on something that's obviously there to make bad money on their networks, never mind the attention they will bring on it.

Where do you live? I don't think running a site like this is really advisable even if that's your kinda thing, the internet isn't really the wild west anymore. I guess you'll do what you want to do but I don't think this is going to benefit you long term.

I'm not really sure a YouTube screencast really gives out the right impression either... I don't know, giving people who are supposed to be into hacking a tour around a forum doesn't really seem to click for me.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

AThomasHowe said: @viCommunications you know what you're developing, a black market for illicit illegal services, is a totally different ball game to a hacking forum. A lot of them include it now but hosts and complainants are going to be less lenient on something that's obviously there to make bad money on their networks, never mind the attention they will bring on it.

Where do you live? I don't think running a site like this is really advisable even if that's your kinda thing, the internet isn't really the wild west anymore. I guess you'll do what you want to do but I don't think this is going to benefit you long term.

I'm not really sure a YouTube screencast really gives out the right impression either... I don't know, giving people who are supposed to be into hacking a tour around a forum doesn't really seem to click for me.

I don't own that. @Rallias does. He aclaimed I have "3 banned accounts" on "hackforums.net" -- when he's the one who's hosting a carding/financial fraud oriented haven.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • viCommunications said: I don't own that. @Rallias does. He aclaimed I have "3 banned accounts" on "hackforums.net" -- when he's the one who's hosting a carding/financial fraud oriented haven.

I see. Fair enough then.

Anybody who deals with stolen credit cards (or paypal accounts etc) is a total loser.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

AThomasHowe said: Anybody who deals with stolen credit cards (or paypal accounts etc) is a total loser.

I believe its even worser when you're hosting the gateway for such activity. It makes you 10x worse than those who are actually using the said information provided by his site.

His private email in his signiture goes to "[email protected]" and the site "blackmarket.cc" goes to "ubernerd.us" splash page.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • CakeyCakey Member
    edited May 2014

@hostnoob said:
    lol, it makes me laugh how kids using booters think they're hackers.> damoncloudflare said:
    so you guys only give up the server IP/host? you don't give out the name/email used to register on your site?

Nope, they only give up the asn and some info about it.
    As my site is all about receiving and sending them here have an example how they look

Sent accepted:

http://paste.ee/p/WQSsU

Received accepted:

http://paste.ee/p/Cycj4

Received by the host:

http://paste.ee/p/olACV

Yes the cloudflare abuse them accepts any bullshit thrown at them (I've even sent a dmca I got back to the guys who sent it and it actually got accepted)

• @Cakey said:

Ah that's good to know. The DC I use supposedly ignores DMCAs (can't confirm but I've never had one in over a year) and I wanted to use CF as DDOS protection but was worried about them giving my details over

• RalliasRallias Member

viCommunications said: His private email in his signiture goes to "[email protected]" and the site "blackmarket.cc" goes to "ubernerd.us" splash page.

Yeah, I own a domain or two that used to be a hacking forum. There never was any carding on any of those sites, from what I can gleam from the database dumps you leaked. Maybe one or two miscreants had a couple cards in their private notes... I can't help but wonder what kind of card data you could gleam from the private notes of HF users.

With that domain I plan on doing some Brian Krebbs style website. Still do, if I ever get a chance, although my time is a precious resources that I do not have enough to spend.

Let me get this straight with you. I have NEVER knowingly hosted a carding site. Yeah, I've hosted a 'hacking' site of similar legal caliber to HF. If you want a site that's worse, why don't you look at the site that was so deliberately removed from your signature the moment you tried to lay false accusation upon me?

I'm sick of your shit, and I find it hard to believe that after 3 years you still try to pull it.

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

Rallias said: Yeah

Comment removed. Will not engage in a play fight with a child.