Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setup Fees - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setup Fees

2»

Comments

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    adult Spongebob Squarepants (minus he squarepants) recovering from anal rape

what even.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: what even.

Spongebob RapePants

• @Nekki said:
    HostNun not at all clear what that picture is meant to say. It appears to be an adult Spongebob Squarepants (minus he squarepants) recovering from anal rape, but I'm not sure how it's relevant to my comment.

• @HostNun just make it minimum 3 months billing or yearly, that certainly marks the intent of the customer and gets rid of some of the economy of scale at low end abuse.

As an aside... how about charging $1/m for support, but credit it when no support tickets are created? Sounds good to me. It could potentially be abused by the provider but it'd be counter intuitive to do so.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@HostNun if you actually know which film that's from, major kudos points to you bro.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    HostNun if you actually know which film that's from, major kudos points to you bro.

Care to share? I have not found any decent films recently...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: Care to share? I have not found any decent films recently...

Oh it's well old, and not exactly decent as such, more of an acquired taste - it's called GunHed and it's a weird Japanese/American hybrid movie that came from a rejected Godzilla script. Not easy to track down on DVD, you might have to resort to less legal methods on order to watch it (or purchase the VHS version).

• PepoPepo Member

@HostNun said:
    If someone would be so kind as to PM me a link to the Low End Penance guidelines, I would be much obliged. Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilice

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    HostNun just make it minimum 3 months billing or yearly, that certainly marks the intent of the customer and gets rid of some of the economy of scale at low end abuse.

Will do if you're buying.

As an aside... how about charging $1/m for support, but credit it when no support tickets are created? Sounds good to me. It could potentially be abused by the provider but it'd be counter intuitive to do so.

Sounds good in theory, but seems like it would add an annoying workload in practice. To have to 'proactively' keep track of who did and did not submit support requests each month and then send out all of these tiny $1 refunds/invoices/credits depending on how its implemented. I'd never see the end of it!

• how about $1 creditable for next payment?

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2014

Yeah, I was considering something like that as well. A setup fee that is refundable (on request) for those who end up staying for longer than 40 days and 40 nights.

Although there would still be the problem of LET disallowing setup fees on top of $7 offers.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

HostNun said: Sounds good in theory, but seems like it would add an annoying workload in practice. To have to 'proactively' keep track of who did and did not submit support requests each month and then send out all of these tiny $1 refunds/invoices/credits depending on how its implemented. I'd never see the end of it!

Get your hands dirty and tweak WHMCS... the logic is simple enough. if customer does not create invoice within billing period, reduce next month billing by $1... or something to that effect.

It's a unique selling point that's win win. Most people here require fairly little dialogue with providers I'd guess, but require a set minimum amount, but don't really want to pay for the higher maintenance customers. A rising tide lifts all ships and all that...

• @Nekki said:
    HostNun if you actually know which film that's from, major kudos points to you

me irl

• @HostNun said:

You wanna go, bro? I'll get you IRL. ;)

• Uh oh...

You can purchase . . . with a $5 setup fee.