Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My new datacenter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My new datacenter

bijan588bijan588 Member
edited May 2012 in General

Just got a rack from http://scalematrix.com

So far they have been awesome. Moving in on the 11th

How do they look?

Comments

• Hmm... average bandwidth billing is interesting.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

Wow, that's the first cloud provider I've seen using CA. It makes me cringe. If they offer you anything CA related RUN! :P

• yomeroyomero Member

@KuJoe said: Wow, that's the first cloud provider I've seen using CA. It makes me cringe. If they offer you anything CA related RUN! :P

So, what is CA

And what is average bw billing xD

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@KuJoe said: Wow, that's the first cloud provider I've seen using CA. It makes me cringe. If they offer you anything CA related RUN! :P

Do you mean Computer Associates products?

If so I completely agree.

What is it with those guys - their salesmen are always these creepy greaseball used car salesmen guys.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said: What is it with those guys - their salesmen are always these creepy greaseball used car salesmen guys.

They get us to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on inferior software. The managers fall for it every time. :(

• Nothing about CA that I have seen.

• SpencerSpencer Member

Ehhh the people who work there are a little LQ imo. From the looks of it all that you have to do is go to a 4 day college and BAM your in. Little sketchy Especially the older lady because the average elderly lady doesn't know a think about computers.

• @yomero said: what is average bw billing

This is how they describe it - http://www.scalematrix.com/data-center-services/average-bandwidth-billing/

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@raindog308 said: their salesmen are always these creepy greaseball used car salesmen guys.

This sentence is one big oxymoron, salesmen haven't got a clue what they are selling, and management hasn't a clue what they are buying, yay big business!

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb
  • I was asking about the datacenter not the CA cloud doohickey

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

3tera Applogic is a really great platform.

CA have only recently taking it over but it has been running for around 4 years before that.

Our none budget platforms run on Applogic.

• SpencerSpencer Member

I hope their racks aren't those big green boxes because they don't look too good for ventilation.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Thats one hell of a desk.. (third slide)

• yomeroyomero Member

Ty
    Apparently is better :P

• Anymore usefull input?

Thanked by 1beard
  • @Bijan588: put up a test file and we'll tell ya ;)

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

I'm sure the real comparison is that they probably make it look like you use less bandwidth, when in reality they're charging you the difference between the models.

Average Billing Mbps Price 4.00/Mbps
    95% Billing Mbps Price 2.00/Mbps

• I like the websites design, it looks fresh