Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tiny Benchmarks to Compare Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr and Wable - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tiny Benchmarks to Compare Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr and Wable

2»

Comments

• PatsPats Member

W1V_Lee said: So just pick whatever one has the prettiest colors on their website and go with that :P

@Nekki can u pls this also.. :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Pats said:
    Nekki can u pls this also.. :P

I'm on it good buddy, give me a couple of hours for a bit of scientific analysis and I'll get back to you with the results.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Better benchmark than dd, thanks @serverian

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

OK folks, here are the all-important prettiness scores so you can ensure you purchase the most aesthetically appealing service. Please note, these scores are based on how the site renders on an iPad, as the laptop was on the other side of the room.

1. Wable - quite frankly, it's grey. There's some orange, but not much. A good choice for goths or the colourblind

2. Digital Ocean - you know how grey Wable is? That's how blue DO is. There's also some white and a bit of grey with some nice cartoony icons, but you'll come away from DO remembering the blue.

3. Linode - it's a green version of DO.

4. Vultr - it's blue, but there are clouds and what's this oh my fucking you're shitting me it's a fucking PLANE, probably with SNAKES and Samuel L Jackson on it.

So Vultr the clear winner here, Wable the massive loser and DO/Linode in mediocre country. Wable could easily turn things around however by including a plane or Samuel L Jackson on the site, so I'll be watching closely over the next few months and will update the scores as appropriate.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki - The only objection I have is that you used that, what was it? an i something to do the testing. Other than that sounds all correct. They are all much the same apart from the color.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:
    Nekki - The only objection I have is that you used that, what was it? an i something to do the testing. Other than that sounds all correct. They are all much the same apart from the color.

I do apologise for the use of the iDevice as I know it's terribly unprofessional, but I'm sure you can understand that I'm very comfy on the sofa and if I got up to get the laptop, my wife will take my spot and I'll have to sit in the armchair.

• @incero can i have more than one bundles for example 3 bundles of 3 cores each?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@nekrox we wont stop you making multiple accounts. But I'd suggest just getting bundle #5.

• @incero ok one bundle for account, can i upgrade a bundle in any moment? can i resize a vps?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited April 2014

@nekrox said:
    incero ok one bundle for account, can i upgrade a bundle in any moment? can i resize a vps?

Yes, you can upgrade your bundle at any time. And resize vps at any time. Bundle #1 vps are deployed on lower end hardware. We suggest bundle #3 and higher for the best experience.

EDIT: I don't think we should hijack this thread, if you have more questions, please put them in the behold the wable thread maybe? :-)

• @Spencer said:
    For the company: https://angel.co/wable,
    Even the logos look almost the same!!

That’s a completely different company...

• DaveADaveA Member

@Nekki said:
    One important test missed - how weird does the name sound

1. Linode - OK
    2. Digital Ocean - bit weird, but sure, whatever, droplets and all that, kinda get it
    3. Vultr - Erm...why?
    4. Wable - WAT?

So, Wable a clear winner in name weirdness. Hopefully this info will make you all rethink your purchases.

I'm happy we've been replaced as worst name!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@DaveA said:
    I'm happy we've been replaced as worst name!

I'm even happier that you're happy.