Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyCustomHosting completely discredited itself. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyCustomHosting completely discredited itself.

13»

Comments

• It's all too common. People take money, then they're obstinate when it comes to giving refunds.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited April 2014

@JetSter735180 said:
    In the last 7 years, I have had more than 100 VPSs with over 30 different providers. I rarely post anything on these forums, even thou I have been a lurker for over 3 years, and registered user for only a year. I just don't do drama.

MyCustomHosting does offer a good product, but they have the worst customer service ever. Replying "You are required to troubleshoot any issues that arise with an unmanaged service. Sorry for the trouble." is unacceptable by my standards.

I'd think you'd know better then...

You're paying for an UNMANAGED service, so you DO need to troubleshoot any issues yourself. That's why it's cheaper, beause unless it's a hardware/network issue you can't fix yourself (because you don't have the required acesss, not because you don't know how) then it's not the host's problem

• @hostnoob said:
    You're paying for an UNMANAGED service, so you DO need to troubleshoot any issues yourself. That's why it's cheaper, beause unless it's a hardware/network issue you can't fix yourself (because you don't have the required acesss, not because you don't know how) then it's not the host's problem

Machine was booted, wasn't able to connect to the server via VNC, either with the their Java tool or with TightVNC. 3 hours after opening support ticket, he responds with that message . Exactly at the same time I get the response, I was able to connect to the server. Coincidence, I think not.

• blackblack Member

@JetSter735180 said:
    Machine was booted, wasn't able to connect to the server via VNC, either with the their Java tool or with TightVNC. 3 hours after opening support ticket, he responds with that message . Exactly at the same time I get the response, I was able to connect to the server. Coincidence, I think not.

So you're saying he fixed it for you then told you it was unmanaged? What's the point of doing that?

• Isn't it obvious.

• @Pwner said:

hey buddy, hes 16 and a half ! get it right !

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @black said:
    So you're saying he fixed it for you then told you it was unmanaged? What's the point of doing that?

Maybe @MCHPhil still doesn't want to admit he's wrong?

• I have been with my custom hosting for over a year with a 128 MB KVM and the service was pretty ok, the only minus was the gateway configuration and a sort of rude response when I did not manage to configure the network properly and opened a ticket...

• If people are looking for more jokes about OP, here is something to keep you entertained:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/533067/#Comment_533067

I am not saying Phil is the nicest guy on this forum, but honestly the more OP post for threads like this the more foolish it makes him look like. It does damage to Phil for sure but it does even more damage to OP than Phil IMO.

Honestly from the fact that OP has married and divorced I would figure that he is at least someone in his mid-age. If by this time he still doesn't know some basic and simple facts for living like an adult and doing business, I would say Primahost is probably the least of his worries at this point (or the 7USD from Phil for that matter).

• Personally, I think Phil was either out of his mind or drunk when he made those comments about the community. It is true that he sometimes does not present himself well here but TBH he has been very nice to me.I am not his customer he knows I am not his prospect customer even but whenever I asked for some help or advice about anything related to management of my servers, he answered very nicely & it made things easier for me.Last one was regarding SSD caching on the dedicated servers that I use for hosting game servers for a gaming community & he guided me enough on that as well.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any tl;dr version? I'm too old to read

• blackblack Member

@Bogdacutuu said:
    Maybe MCHPhil still doesn't want to admit he's wrong?

If he fixed it, he went out of his way to do so, why wouldn't he just say "I fixed it for you, but remember this is an unmanaged service" instead of the reply he received? I don't think it's about admitting being wrong.

• all i can see he's (phil) bad attitude person.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    I'm so grateful that Phil makes me look like a PR expert.

hahaha that was funny! :D

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited April 2014

@GreenValueHost

@GreenValueHost said:
    I'm so grateful that Phil makes me look like a PR expert.

13 year old are not PR experts, but 16 year olds are !!

https://web.archive.org/web/20121120142250/http://www.greenvaluehost.com/whychooseus.html

1. We are a registered company

We're not one of those fly-by-night, run by 13-year olds in their bedroom hosts.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@darkshire said:

4) Our servers are fast - Not overloaded!

I lol'ed so hard about this.

• Number 2 makes me chuckle.

Thanked by 2darkshire Amitz
  • @Floris said:
    I lol'ed so hard about this.

its funny too;
    they have since updated point #4 to read this:

"4) Our servers are not overloaded and never will be!"

http://www.greenvaluehost.com/whychooseus.html

LEL.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@darkshire said:
    LEL.

6) Our pricing structure is reasonable AND profitable! Unlike other companies that attempt to underprice their hosting services until they collaspe or disappear, our services are sold at profitable prices that bring long-time success. 5000TB for $1/month? No thanks. Not at GVH.

6000GB Premium Bandwidth, 1Gbps at 15$ per year is waaaay better! ($1,25 a month)

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • blackblack Member

We lightly load our servers and on top of that, we only deploy top of the line servers with RAID-10 Protection and LiteSpeed Web Server to ensure stability and speed.

Gotta put litespeed on every server to ensure stability and speed.

• @greenvalleyhost I see you are putting that wonderful newly acquired PR wisdom to work elsewhere on the internet.

• Thanks for reminding me to delete our old pages that are no longer linked to from our website.

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited April 2014

Thanks for reminding me to delete our old pages that are no longer linked to from our website.

did you ask your mom first if you could delete that ?

• darkshire said: did you ask your mom first if you could delete that ?

May I ask why everyone deems it necessary to post some random demeaning comments? Whats this fuss?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@neroux said:
    May I ask why everyone deems it necessary to post some random demeaning comments? Whats this fuss?

You sound like a filthy GVH lover.

• This has gone off-topic a bit, so I'm going to close this.

Please feel free to continue in the Cest Pit!

This discussion has been closed.