Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What location should BeastVM take next - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What location should BeastVM take next

2»

Comments

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@Nyr said:
    With DDoS protection? That sounds difficult.

It isn't actually, there are plenty of company's that'll be able to offer such solutions for us in these locations, if you try enough, example: prolexic with world-wide coverage, but it's very expensive.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Floris said: It isn't actually, there are plenty of company's that'll be able to offer such solutions for us in these locations, if you try enough, example: prolexic with world-wide coverage, but it's very expensive.

There is obviously DDoS protection for big customers on many parts of the world, but at low end prices (or well, just not very high-end ones) I think it's impossible in those two locations.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@Nyr said:
    There is obviously DDoS protection for big customers on many parts of the world, but at low end prices (or well, just not very high-end ones) I think it's impossible in those two locations.

If you buy it for multiple costumers like OVH did, it can in fact be done. Maybe not for $7, but in the not very-high ones it can certainly be achieved.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Floris said:
    If you buy it for multiple costumers like OVH did, it can in fact be done. Maybe not for $7, but in the not very-high ones it can certainly be achieved.

OVH did just place filtering equipment taking advantage of a mostly outbound traffic network with great excess of inbound capacity. I don't think you can do the same in Hong Kong, but I would really love to be proved wrong and would become a customer for sure.