Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap VPS in Canada with good quality bandwidth.. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap VPS in Canada with good quality bandwidth..

2»

Comments

• @setupvps said:
    Well im not sure spammers like to provide ID :) ? Another yet provider who don't trust their users..

• @fitvpn said:

Well when you offer prices too good to be true you surely are going to attract lot of abusers & spammers.

• @K2Bytes - Did you have something against AMD vs Intel? :) If user don't want provide ID, is not mean bastard or spammer, keep in mind..

• @setupvps said:
    K2Bytes Well im not sure spammers like to provide ID :)

It is not difficult at all to get Fake IDs. This
    is what happens when you provide stuff so cheap:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25526/bad-news-at-setupvps-chicago#latest

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

@fitvpn said:
    K2Bytes - Did you have something against AMD vs Intel? :) If user don't want provide ID, is not mean bastard or spammer, keep in mind..

No I do not have anything to say about AMD vs Intel but OVH is using some of the older Opteron processors for their Classic VPS servers & then overloading the nodes with 100+ VMs.So if some OVH reseller is using those E5 v2 or Dual Opteron 4386 nodes with only 10 or 12 VMs max(not overloading) then that would surely give very good performance.Butyes all that is not possible within LEB & OVH Classic price range.

• Just hope @Virtovo be smart and do not ask me for ID :)

• @fitvpn said:
    Just hope Virtovo be smart and do not ask me for ID :)

We either accept the order or not. We're not in the business of collecting IDs

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2014

@Virtovo - +1 Nice to see LEB provider offering Peer1 KVM for now (hope)

• @iKeyZ said:
    iceTwy I'm with MCH ( MCHPhil ) and the VPS has been pretty solid to be fair. Phil doesn't always seem to act the best around here (although people do seem to provoke him), but so far I cannot fault his service.

This is a bit of an understatement. I'm also with MCH (for the past 6 months) and their services are very solid. Phil has always been pleasant and professional to me privately in tickets. But I don't jump on a public board and incite a mob against him when I have a problem.

I've recommended MCH before and I still do now.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    No I do not have anything to say about AMD vs Intel but OVH is using some of the older Opteron processors for their Classic VPS servers & then overloading the nodes with 100+ VMs.So if some OVH reseller is using those E5 v2 or Dual Opteron 4386 nodes with only 10 or 12 VMs max(not overloading) then that would surely give very good performance.Butyes all that is not possible within LEB & OVH Classic price range.

E5's with a maximum of 12 containers/VMs? LOL

• @Nyr said:
    E5's with a maximum of 12 containers/VMs? LOL

This is highly possible but yes not within LEB price range.

• E5's with a maximum of 12 unless the client will pay at-least $20 per VPS you wont find provider that doing that (i took the price based on OVH SP-64 server if we talking on higher one you get the idea)

edited April 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    This is highly possible but yes not within LEB price range.

Not low end = not OVH. And I seriously doubt many providers are placing only 10-12 customers per E5, even with big VMs.

• @setupvps said:
    E5's with a maximum of 12 unless the client will pay at-least $20 per VPS you wont find provider that doing that (i took the price based on OVH SP-64 server if we talking on higher one you get the idea)

There are uncountable number of people willing to pay for such high quality KVM or XEN VPS. Start targeting that market segment & you will come to know what I am saying is true.

• @K2Bytes lol i know that i was talking about LET clients.
    And again OVH not high Quality if you want high QUality if im right in canada its Peer1 and competitors to them now servers with them rising the price from $20 per vps to around lets say $50?

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

@Nyr said:
    Not low end = not OVH.

That is not true. I have myself been with some OVH resellers who charge 15-25$ per GB RAM for KVM/XEN/VMware. LEB/LET does not constitute even 5% of the hosting market so don't always look into things by LEB point of view only.

@Nyr said:
    And I seriously doubt many providers are placing only 10-12 customers per E5, even with big VMs.

Yes not many a but a very few do the actual number of whom you can probably count on your fingers.

• @setupvps said:
    K2Bytes lol i know that i was talking about LET clients.
    And again OVH not high Quality if you want high QUality if im right in canada its Peer1 and competitors to them now servers with them rising the price from $20 per vps to around lets say $50?

Yes they are not Peer1 but still they do offer good quality servers & here I am specifically talking about OVH not the competitors.

• OVH not the competitors. OVH cant be there competitor! i live in Alberta Calgary as you know im geting ping from OVH 55ms
    Thats too high

K2Bytes said: That is not true. I have myself been with some OVH resellers who charge 15-25$ per GB RAM for KVM/XEN/VMware. LEB/LET does not constitute even 5% of the hosting market so don't always look into things by LEB point of view only.

Again: Not low end = not OVH.

Charging more for the same resources doesn't make you a high end provider if you resell from a low end upstream like OVH.

• @setupvps said:
    OVH not the competitors. OVH cant be there competitor! i live in Alberta Calgary as you know im geting ping from OVH 55ms
    Thats too high

OVH has sold 11000+ servers in Canada only in a couple of years & made even US providers offer servers at rates they would otherwise never have.That is a phenomenal success that DCs don't even expect to reach in 10 years even.And they are about to become World's No1 Host with 200000+ dedicated servers & 700000+ clients already.

• @Nyr there is little thing with OVH you can get high end network if you pay for it
    http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/dedicated-servers/bandwidth-upgrade.xml

The question is it worth it the server cost + Premium network already more then $300/mo im not talking on advanced and the ultimate option they offer

i think you can get cheaper servers at peer1 or netelligent or iweb

• @Nyr said:
    Charging more for the same resources doesn't make you a high end provider if you resell from a low end upstream like OVH.

Do you have any idea what you are saying? OVH is FAR from a lowend upstream.I think you probably never have had an OVH.Remmber we are not talking about KS or SYS here but OVH itself!

edited April 2014

K2Bytes said: Do you have any idea what you are saying? OVH is FAR from a lowend upstream.I think you probably never have had an OVH.Remmber we are not talking about KS or SYS here but OVH itself!

I have services with them for personal usage now and used them some years in the past on the higher tiers too.

Multiple days to replace a failing hard disk, completely ignoring/denying obvious routing issues or suspending a dedicated server because of a single DMCA without even notice are just some examples which come to my mind.

OVH is obviously low end: network is mediocre at best and support is absolutely crap. Simple as that.

• Nyr said: OVH is obviously low end: network is mediocre at best and support is absolutely crap. Simple as that.

Network in BHS is pretty damn good... are you sure you tried it? I can't speak for their European services (and I read bad things), but their Canadian DC is very solid. I might have been lucky but the 12 months experience I have with them has been perfect. I don't think I even had a single network outage.

• @agonyzt said:
    Network in BHS is pretty damn good... are you sure you tried it? I can't speak for their European services (and I read bad things), but their Canadian DC is very solid. I might have been lucky but the 12 months experience I have with them has been perfect. I don't think I even had a single network outage.

I doubt he has ever used OVH FR let alone OVH BHS.Even the worst critics of OVH accept OVH BHS is superb.And BTW there is nothing wrong with OVH FR as well.I Have servers there for 2+ years with superb uptime.

• 1 thing about OVH dont install there pre made templates everything has errors we ordered new server and we cant install clean OS as the IPMI not working so now we waiting for SWAT team they not 24/7 at the datacenter i spoke on the phone and they will come only an in a hour from now

So for real i dont know why they charge so much money for there OVH line servers if there isnt really 24/7 support on hardware side yes they answer the phone and ticket 24/7 but if they dont have IT guys in the datacenter for fix the servers at night and everything moved to day time

• @setupvps said:

now we waiting for SWAT team they not 24/7 at the datacenter

That sucks! I always have a SWAT team at my local datacenter waiting to swoop and terminate rogue equipment.

• @ben78 said:
    Hi

I'm looking for a VPS in Canada, KVM or XEN would be better but OpenVZ can be fine.

Specs like that or better would be ok: 128/256MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 1core : 100GB traffic per month..

Is there any companies you'd recommend? (Other than OVH if possible).

Had some really positive experience with netelligent but their current cloud offer are too expensive for me, does anyone knows a provider offering vpses in their DC?

Thanks!

Hello please check out some of our offers, all of our VPS's are not only located in Canada but are also fully DDoS protected.

• ben78ben78 Member

Thanks for your inputs, I might try to get a test box in BHS to see how the network is...

@Andrei, thanks for your offer
    @Virtovo : do you know the exact availability date of your canadian offer? in the meantime, do you have any test IP for this future location?

Thanks!

Thanked by 1Andrei
  • @ben78 said:
    Thanks for your inputs, I might try to get a test box in BHS to see how the network is...
    Virtovo : do you know the exact availability date of your canadian offer? in the meantime, do you have any test IP for this future location?

Hi Ben,

Availability within 24 hours now. Test IP sent via PM