Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do providers have the right to offend customers/LET members, like MCHPhil did?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do providers have the right to offend customers/LET members, like MCHPhil did?

I am not a MCHPhil customer, but I was thinking to buy a yearly KVM box from him becaused of the price. But I read this post http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25305/mycustomhosting-vm-not-booting-customers-fault and I feel offended. There are from time to time some providers here that do non know what professionalism means. Even good behabior, respect and dignity. I do not say that customer has always right, although, is it allowed from a provider to behave himself like this and still be a full member of this community? Can he say to readers (not even his customers) to F**k themselves, involve their mother (!) or claim that we are all stupid or with low IQ? Where is the "red line" to all of this? Will the rules apply to all?

Comments

• II do believe that he is a human being, we all make some mistakes. If you feel that it is disrespectful, flag it and if the administration team feels the same way, a punishment will be served per the rules..

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

LOL Involve their mothers. You have to be kidding LOL More comedy today. It's a saying HAHA

Fact is, admins don't enforce their own rules at all. More than once has this rude behaviour sprang up against me, hell even when the kid was ddos'ing from his own VM. It was still my fault. It's a joke. I'm not laughing and am tired of it, thus I won't be posting offers here. It's not worth my time, to hear some kid cry over me shutting off his VM because he is ddos'ing from it, or to deal with someone crying because they want me to manage their unmanaged service. There are some providers that will, I am not. I don't claim to be and multiple times it has come up that I am not. If you buy my service and wish for the before mentioned to occur, you deserve to unplug your ethernet cable and cancel your internet.

• LowENDLowEND Member
    edited April 2014

@jvnadr - I think I can somewhat agree with you. I personally think both parties misbehaved.

• both parties were wrong and poor behaviour was demononstrated.
    the last thread was closed for good reasons and i dont think this thread should continue either. if you want to make it a generic thread do so but you are just reopening the closed thread.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @MCHPhil

Because I won't cave I'm a bitch. Good job! You kiss your mother with that mouth?

@LowEND I don't mind about argument with his client for the original issue. I mind about the behavior to all the others here, that just saying their opinion

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@LowEND said:
    jvnadr - I think I can somewhat agree with you. I personally think both parties misbehaved.

Had an admin jumped in when I reported the thread originally, did their job and enforced the rules. I would have moved on, if any admin wants to joke about it. They will hear exactly how I feel on the situation. AS has been since an admin decided to weigh in with his useless comment. Push non CC brands out so only CC brands are left. Good deal I guess. The fact the community allows this is meh meh on that part. Follow along as I said, I won't post offers etc anymore here. Not worth the trouble for $7.50 a year.

• @seaeagle It is not just MCHPhil, but having some active rules here about behavior. That apply to all of us.

• ATHKATHK Member

@MCHPhil , I'm sort of with you one this, it's ridiculous the guy changed his boot order (to my understanding) and the VM wouldn't boot (go figure!) so first thing he does is a support ticket (great!) second thing he does is post on LET with crap even though it was his fault..

He is paying what? $15 a year? and expects premium support to fix HIS mistakes..

A fair few people on that thread said that their VM's were fine, this is probably because they know what they're doing.

In the end though, @MCHPhil you shouldn't of kept posting, I understand it can be frustrating at times... especially if you've been targeted a lot.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@ATHK said:
    MCHPhil , I'm sort of with you one this, it's ridiculous the guy changed his boot order (to my understanding) and the VM wouldn't boot (go figure!) so first thing he does is a support ticket (great!) second thing he does is post on LET with crap even though it was his fault..

He is paying what? $15 a year? and expects premium support to fix HIS mistakes..

A fair few people on that thread said that their VM's were fine, this is probably because they know what they're doing.

In the end though, MCHPhil you shouldn't of kept posting, I understand it can be frustrating at times... especially if you've been targeted a lot.

I kept posting to see when an admin would step in. Sad it took so long. They did enough to my reputation here. I could care less anymore, cept to see how bad things really are. You are correct, one guy was at $15 a year and the other $7.50 a year. I think there was another $15/year in there also. I could be incorrect.

That was the log I had and what it said for that case. A few others have had another issue and it is being addressed in private. Like these matters should be. Had I scammed someone like oh so many others or lied as so many others I could see the reason for the anger.

Let's be honest, emailing on a node reboot. What hosts do that at this price point. Really :P It was a courtesy thing. There were some problems identified and they will be handled. There has been multiple reboots in the past and never has this cropped up. Had it, I would have planned for it prior.

I provided them all options from reinstall to using something like testdisk to attempt a repair of the partitions. Had they asked for a refund of time unused, I would have granted it. Coming to LET to air their issues was not required.

The people who posted in that thread, did NO troubleshooting at all in any way shape or form. From checking VNC to anything other. They expected me to do it for them and when I wouldn't came here to cry foul. No thanks.

One guy (from the thread) asked me for a refund after it was all said and done.

• @ATHK it is not about the stupidity of the client that couldn't understand how to handle an unmanaged KVM server. In ANY case, especially a provider, shoudn't behave like this to community members and/or his clients in this forum (what he do in his support, is his business)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2014

@MCHPhil You still argue about the price, the service or the customer's fault. Maybe you are right about the issue. But you still don't understand that you cannot behave like this and use this kind of language to a community. This has nothing to do with the admins. If you just stated the issue in your client's post nicely and stopped there, then, your client would seem like a noobie that whining about a service he couldn't handled it because of his limited knowledge...

I stop here. If admins want to close this thread, they are welcome.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • NickMNickM Member

Guys...

GUYS?

GUYS?!!?

• @ATHK said:
    MCHPhil , I'm sort of with you one this, it's ridiculous the guy changed his boot order (to my understanding) and the VM wouldn't boot (go figure!) so first thing he does is a support ticket (great!) second thing he does is post on LET with crap even though it was his fault..

In the end though, MCHPhil you shouldn't of kept posting, I understand it can be frustrating at times... especially if you've been targeted a lot.

I explained this in the thread, the VM wouldn't boot so I tried different things and one of the things I tried was changing the disk driver, also I changed the boot order from hard disk and cd to hard disk only to see if it boots then.

I haven't been insulting in any way and creating a thread is usually the last thing I do, but I didn't get any useful support and Phil basically from the get-go told me he won't do anything, allthough I later found out some providers in here assumed this was caused because of not shutting down VMs prior to a node reboot. I know Phil meanwhile caught up and told everybody it must be my fault, because something on my VM delayed the shutdown process, but I really had nothing else installed than lighttpd and php.

• @jvnadr said:
    MCHPhil You still argue about the price, the service or the customer's fault. Maybe you are right about the issue. But you still don't understand that you cannot behave like this and use this kind of language to a community. This has nothing to do with the admins. If you just stated the issue in your client's post nicely and stopped there, then, your client would seem like a noobie that whining about a service he couldn't handled it because of his limited knowledge...

I stop here. If admins want to close this thread, they are welcome.

You miss where I do that? And 10 other people come to gang up?

1. The language is just getting out of hand. This so much reminds me of high school and that was 30 years ago.
    2. Each time the great proclamation of "I wont post offers" is proffered- its accompanied by your signature line with your website.
    3. With the sheer number of people contributing to these 2 threads- certainly a solution could have been derived for a client or the client could have been left in an echo chamber with his post left unanswered. Yet everyone choose neither.
    4. Lurking for a month reading posts- the drama is interesting, somewhat entertaining, yet 99% of the time doesn't advance either the client or operators cause.
    5. it's certainly allowed me to derive a quick list of who I want to use for my VPS providers.

The harsh words exchange on here certainly don't help.

perhaps many of these threads should shut down quicker- but that would limit all the views I guess.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • @mpkossen @spirit Please close the thread, I don't want to be a continue of the other post about the original issue. It is an entirely other matter that can be discussed later, when this case is no logner active.

Thanked by 2Spirit mpkossen
  • jvnadr said: I don't want to be a continue of the other post about the original issue.

Good decision. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.