Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kudos to ChicagoVPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kudos to ChicagoVPS

2»

Comments

• davidavi Member

I had two VPS with them and liked their "Free central backups".

• @agoldenberg said:
    I know there are a lot of people on here who are not huge fans of ChicagoVPS, but I have to say I had one of the most fantastic sales experiences with ChicagoVPS working with CVPS_Mark on skype.

It has been a pleasure working with you as well during the sale process, we appreciate your kind words and look forward to doing business with you!

Mark

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

MikHo said: CVPS removed direct access to Solus long time ago. You manage your VPS in WHMCS now.

They still use SolusVM. The customer just manages it from the ModulesGarden WHMCS plugin.

• good for you. i've been hearing good things about CVPS from some people too.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

So here's my update to this thread. I ended up cancelling my services with ChicagoVPS for the following reasons:

Asked a billing related question. Response took over a week. The answer $50 per 10TB of bandwidth. The server cost is $65 including 10TB so an additional 10 would mean just buy another server.

I could not in good faith host my shared hosting clients on a box from CVPS as I find the response times from support are dwindling since @CVPS_Mark and @CVPS_Adam have left.

Overall the service was fine, but if ever you need to raise a ticket, be prepared to wait.

• I have a yearly plan (12$ 512MB RAM), I don't know how support is because it's online without any problem since I bought it 6 month ago, the only problem is CC blacklisted ip and I solved using mandrill. If next 6 month are the same I will renew this vps.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yup uptime was not my problem! My problem was their responsiveness. In order to have a production server with a company I need to be able to rely on them when shit hits the fan. I could not do so with CVPS.