Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hukot.cz - 50% off, lowest package 1.46 € + VAT - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hukot.cz - 50% off, lowest package 1.46 € + VAT

124»

Comments

• said: however from time to time I see LET members looking for czech located vps and this seems like a good opportunity to get it for decent price

Just curious. What is the advantage to use a Czech located VPS?
    Is there something about 'offshore'?

• DragonDF said: What is the advantage to use a Czech located VPS? Is there something about 'offshore'?

I don't think so but you know, people live in this part of the world too :)

• Spirit said: I don't think so but you know, people live in this part of the world too :)

hahahaha. Yes, you are right.
    I imagined it was related to something like Sweden and others countries with "free internet" (anonymous + freedom).

Tks!

• ben78ben78 Member

DragonDF said: hahahaha. Yes, you are right. I imagined it was related to something like Sweden and others countries with "free internet" (anonymous + freedom).

Well, is there really something special about sweden? (except PRQ and other like minded host?)

I mean something in the legal system that make their internet more 'free' than it is in czech republic or other parts of the world?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

ben78 said: Well, is there really something special about sweden? (except PRQ and other like minded host?)

I mean something in the legal system that make their internet more 'free' than it is in czech republic or other parts of the world?

Nah, it's all just marketing from some interested parties in the past which people blindly believe. Internet in SE is even more monitored than other parts of Europe and legislation doesn't help either.

• Nyr said: Nah, it's all just marketing from some interested parties in the past which people blindly believe. Internet in SE is even more monitored than other parts of Europe and legislation doesn't help either.

yup

• oz42oz42 Member

Now that I have my Debian VPS up and running: nice and fast! :-)
    But my VPS is on the Opteron node which means: no FreeBSD... (just search for "freebsd trap 9 amd")

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

What about running Windows 7 on it, would need a firewall what blocks everything right to make that thing secure.

• @Spirit said:
    0xdragon what's interesting is difference in results posted in this thread. I got similar results as those posted by trexos (1.00MB/s - 3.00MB/s) after optimisation, while alexvolk posted 10x faster network speeds, but way lower I/O throughput speed.

Most of us are hosted at "Xeon(R) CPU E31235" node while alex seems to have VPS at two nodes (same Xeon and another AMD Opteron) with similar results at both so it must be something else.
    Could it be distro related? (Debian Wheezy 64 bit, virtio here). I am wondering what distros alexvolk use.

Sent them an email with my benchmark

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5620  @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2400.084 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 497 MB
    Total amount of swap : 666 MB
    System uptime :   18 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 4.37MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 2.46MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.93MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.29MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 3.62MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 3.29MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.29MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 2.01MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 1.83MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 3.23MB/s 

and got this..

Hello,

the network is optimized to use threads, co if you download by eg. 5 threads, bandwidth will be largely greater than in one download thread.

--

S přáním krásného dne / Best regards

Team Hukot.net

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

So what they say is that if you run 5 speedtests at once you should see similar results as with one?
    I am actually not so much bothered with those results, I just hope that it will be stable and it will be fine for me.

• @Spirit I've seen you post quite a few providers that I've never heard of before. I'd really like to see a list (maybe open a thread) of "little known providers" in areas such as these :)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • 0xdragon said: @Spirit I've seen you post quite a few providers that I've never heard of before. I'd really like to see a list (maybe open a thread) of "little known providers" in areas such as these :)

I don't have any list but I may do that once I find some time and will to put it all together. Thanks for the notice :)

• @Spirit said:
    I don't have any list but I may do that once I find some time and will to put it all together. Thanks for the notice :)

Would be awesome :)

• I order a vps .but still not log in . 4 days pass.

• @ttsaon said:
    I order a vps .but still not log in . 4 days pass.

Did you wrote them an email?

• @trexos yes. I email them .but still not solve .

• @ttsaon said:
    trexos yes. I email them .but still not solve .

I wrote them an email 2 days ago, nothing important, but they didn't answer it till now. Normally they only need 1 hour to answer.

• If anyone's interested, the coupon xkse still seems to work, though I'm unable to order because they don't accept my phone number nor zip code.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @mpkossen Same problem here

• I've managed to discover how to enter a vallid telphone and zip code.
    The telephone mush have 9 digits separated by a space by every three digits, and the ZIP code must have 5 digits, first by three numbers, a space and after 2 numbers.

I am trying to complete the order, when I try to pay via paypal i keep being redirected to a page with this error: looks like we got no XML document

• I've gone far this time, but I couldn't complete the transaction.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited May 2014

Has anyone canceled yet? Is a email enough?