Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyCustomHosting - VM not booting / customers fault - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyCustomHosting - VM not booting / customers fault

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2014

I loved it, but that a KVM brokes down randomly at reboot within some days multiple times and you say its not my fault.... realy. A fresh Debian 7 installation broke down.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    I loved it, but that a KVM brokes down randomly at reboot within some days multiple times and you say its not my fault.... realy. A fresh Debian 7 installation broke down.

What you have put in this thread has made VERY little sense. At least to myself. Point me to a ticket #...

Thanked by 1switsys
  • i not recomended this host they not care client problem or issue he will say blah blah blah wtf if not under your mistake he will be say that your problem fault

Don't Go this Host sure...veryyy not recomended

• VM not booting <> customers fault

• @ZeroCool said:
    i not recomended this host they not care client problem or issue he will say blah blah blah wtf if not under your mistake he will be say that your problem fault

Don't Go this Host sure...veryyy not recomended

Noted!

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • PwnerPwner Member

@LowEND said:
    I was thinking I should point out some things but I might stay out of this one. :)

Not that I'm bashing you or anything, but why did you bother posting this in the first place then?

Thanked by 2MCHPhil Drehmini
  • old time ago i client from this host..he said i use for ddos but the true..

is kloxo panel have bug and make vps like got ddos attack..that not my fault..and i not know about kloxo bug becouse i am not everytime monitored have real job more important and their suspended my vps and no need to be reactive again to fix issue.. if their active my vps i can make if offline before and wait kloxo team fix the bug..
    after 1 or 2 day next kloxo release their has been fix bug, but MCH still no need unsuspended my vps

i so confused.. when client not 100% make mistake this host not be compromise

no deal, no compromise, if you as for help they will be say this unmanage, wtf unmanage this your client give little help

Hight Not Recomended..........................

• nunimnunim Member
    edited April 2014

@ZeroCool said:
    old time ago i client from this host..he said i use for ddos but the true.....

Kloxo was known to be exploited and used to send outgoing DDOS attacks, not knowing is not an excuse.

Both of my MCH KVMs came back online after the node restarted.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ZeroCool said: is kloxo panel have bug and make vps like got ddos attack..that not my fault.

I am sorry, but that IS your fault. The customer is responsible for the software they run, it is not like it was a managed server and they forced you to use vulnerable panels.

That being said, I dont say anything else because my friends will immediately jump at the provider talking about another provider stanza.

• edited April 2014

@tr1cky said:
    Nope, no partition there.

I'm not 100% sure if this will work properly but maybe following a tutorial like this could help you recover the partition table.

http://geexhq.com/recover-partition-table/

For my part, I've got 2 VPS's with MCH and one came up properly. The other didn't, but it may well have been my fault (as far as I can tell), I had some software that may have hung on shutdown (see @MCHPhil 's comment below) and could have caused the issue. Compared to other providers I've been with, Phil has been quick to answer via support ticket, and always (in my case) really pleasant.

Considering the price, speed, stability and previous uptime of the server, I'm not going to complain at all.

Phil also stated that he is looking into to taking measures to try and prevent something like this happening again.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

Anyone here using softether? Seems its pretty popular and has trouble shutting down properly. Likely caused at least one of the issues reported. Maybe more?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited April 2014

@MCHPhil said:
    Anyone here using softether? Seems its pretty popular and has trouble shutting down properly. Likely caused at least one of the issues reported. Maybe more?

I can list you what I did on the vps (and no, I didn't use softehter):

Apply your network configuration apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get install lighttpd apt-get install php5-cgi nano /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf, insert fgci module and fcgi server /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart apt-get install fail2ban Edit jail.conf to change ssh ban stuff Upload some files to the www directory

That is everything I did with the vps.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@tr1cky it reallys seems like you wish me to tell you exactly why your VM hung. That is not possible. I can only provide you clues to the issue. At the end it is your VM to configure and the fact there are 400+ other VM's that did not have any problem. It CLEARLY shows the issue was with less than a handful of VM's, likely due to the way they were configured or etc some app not shut down in a timely fashion.. I can't compensate for all the bugs in every application out there. Seems for 99% of cases things went fine. Blame me I don't honestly care. Like the guy who's VM was used for a DDoS. Not his fault either. If your VM doesn't shut down properly that is something you should look into. It is an unmanaged service. You are too stuck on placing fault when at the end of the day does it affect the price of tea in china?

Softether, on a failed service shutdown, waits 90 seconds and then sends a killall. Any other apps anyone knows about that need compensated for?

• @MCHPhil: I just told you what I did with the server, because you still think there was some abnormal setup causing issues.
    And you can't even compare this with a guy who used to DDoS people with his VM.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

Why are you telling me again? I'm not going to manage your VM for you!

Go look it up so you don't have the issue again. I don't have this problem. Neither do 99% of my customers. If I knew why I would tell you, just like as soon as I was informed softether can hang on shutdown and let you all know. Seems like an issue caused by something on your end. Bring it to my attention and I can try to compensate for it. No where do I say will I try to compensate for all software bugs. No self managed provider does.

edited April 2014

I just quote from my ticket because still hear its my fault, maybe some can tell MCHPhil that he should help.

Short quiz:

1. I cant configure VM's: http://mylowendboxes.me/ which box is down? Right only from MCH.

2. VNC is working:

3. I should fix broken VNC by myself, how? i dont own anything there.

conclusion: Run away, atm i cant do anything from myside and he "cares a shit"

I am sorry but when i am talking to a wall in support i need to post it public.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

CUTE you can post screenshots here but not in ticket to help troubleshoot your issue! LOL What a fucking joke. I'm done with you. Good job. Find a new host to give you 128MB RAM 10 GB SSD Cached Disk 200GB B/W and what did you end up with 3 IPv4 for $7.50 a year? Fucking have to be kidding me. You're talking to a wall because your tickets make no sense and you provide no other information other than "it doesn't work" Cute you don't provide any insight into them either?

What was it? Just last week I gave you a partial refund on a VM you didn't need outside of the refund policy. This is a joke right? Inconsiderate.

edited April 2014

It is attached before your response...

1. I told you that i changed my ssh port, installed lighttpd that was it done.

2. VNC dosent work i cant tell you more information.

3. I know that 7.50$ is nothing but i expect that the KVM dosent breaks at reboot, feel free to reinstall my VM and reboot the Node i guess same thing will happen. (no joke)

4. Yeah you are so nice and you given me a refund thats right for my second KVM, anyway thanks. But i couldnt see that comming here.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

I'm done with ya, find a new host. Too much of a headache for $7.50. God honest truth. Anyone else that acts like this kid. Please stay away from me also. I have no time nor care in the world to deal with your or this type of childish bullshit from kids.

At the time I sent that response I was able to connect to your VM's VNC. I don't know wtf you have done at this point. Just like you couldn't get networking to work EVEN with my networking script that sets the routes manually. Only worked for you until you configured things and rebooted. Then everything broke and it was my fault.

Look at that! I reinstalled your VM and VNC connects just fine. So something on YOUR VM WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM! Go break it again and come tell me it's my fault.

Thanked by 1switsys
    edited April 2014

When you calling changed password, changed ssh port and setting up lighttpd configure i cant help you anymore. As i said also in tickets i dont touched network settings and other stuff.

As i said fresh Wheezy installation works but after for example a reboot it breaks or node restart.

• galiogalio Member

So having the VM messed up because of an 30Minute early warning of node restart is costumer fault? lol Just with that, we can see how well of a provider you are.
    Costumers are ALWAYS RIGHT, if you like it or not. If you can't provide correct warning email 24h before the shutdown then it's your irresponsibility. Have ever though that some of your costumers might be running business using your service?.

Yet you can't give a decent answer or help to someone that got and issue because YOU didn't give them enough time to see the email and shut it down themselves.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

MCHPhil said: Why are you telling me again? I'm not going to manage your VM for you!

Go look it up so you don't have the issue again. I don't have this problem. Neither do 99% of my customers. If I knew why I would tell you, just like as soon as I was informed softether can hang on shutdown and let you all know. Seems like an issue caused by something on your end. Bring it to my attention and I can try to compensate for it. No where do I say will I try to compensate for all software bugs. No self managed provider does.

The fact you're telling me this tells me you do not understand what unmanaged means. You are expecting me to research your issue and find the cause. When it's not my issue to figure out. I don't have this problem. If I knew why I would tell you just like I did with the softether. I don't so then it falls upon you to fix it. It's not an issue with my templates or my nodes or etc of mine. But in something you are doing on the VM itself. The fact you can't see this tells me you have no troubleshooting ability at all!

IF A REINSTALL WITH A TEMPLATE FIXES THE PROBLEM THEN IT WAS SOMETHING YOU DID TO THE VM.

If it were the infrastructure a simple reboot of the VM would have solved it. It did not. I tried that first. A reinstall fixed it.

• @galio said:
    Costumers are ALWAYS RIGHT

Costumer: one that deals in or makes costumes

Yep, I'm sure they're always right. How does that apply to this situation?

• galiogalio Member
    edited April 2014

@MCHPhil said:
    If it were the infrastructure a simple reboot of the VM would have solved it. It did not. I tried that first. A reinstall fixed it.

AND WHO SAID that it got fixed after a Reinstall with template fixes?. As you can see the problem Persists.

@petris said:
    Costumer: one that deals in or makes costumes

ffs Customer

• customer is not always right.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
    edited April 2014

@MCHPhil I told you the fresh reinstall fixed it like yesterday were i reinstalled the box because of the issue, after the node reboot its broken again. So and i dosent cause it because of installing lighttpd and secure ssh, it works on other kvm servers.

• galiogalio Member
    edited April 2014

@Mark_R said:
    customer is not always right.

But an idiot that sent a 30Minute early warning of a Emergency Node Restart that made some VM's break is?

• @galio said:
    But an idiot that sent a 30Minute early warning of a Emergency Node Restart that made some VM's break is?

Your VM should be ready for a reboot at any time if necessary. That means installing acpid and ensuring it starts on boot, or for Windows, ensuring it responds to acpi signals. If it doesn't then you're just asking for trouble.

If I were renting a vps from him I would have been happy that he rebooted the node to fix an urgent security vulnerability.

• @MCHPhil, out of curiousity, have you met @CentrioHost? I bet you'd make great friends.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Ian_Ian_ Member

LOL!

This discussion has been closed.