Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Registrar & small account - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Registrar & small account

2»

Comments

• Also a recommendation for Internet.BS from me. One relevant note to the OP: Even though I only have 2 domains registered through them currently, the control panel feels very easy to manage many domains without too much clicking around.

Thanked by 1tux
  • The techs from internet.bs got back to me with a "We never noticed that before." response. Already doing better than my current personal registrars.

• kylixkylix Member
    edited December 2011

@drmike said: We never noticed that before.

Well, you must admit that the + in email-addresses (sub-addressing) is a bit old fashioned. I still use it from time to time, but I guess that hardly noone of the folks born in the 90+ know about it when they just figured out how to get a live.com or me.com address ;) (I just checked that live.com does even forbid it, google uses the + whereas yahoo uses the hyphen)

• Actually i know that i can use a + for sub-addressing at my GMail address.
    Great for getting fast throw-away addresses or find out which website has been hacked and got the email addresses stolen :) (also i'm born after 1990 :D )

• @kylix said: Well, you must admit that the + in email-addresses (sub-addressing) is a bit old fashioned.

No actually I don't. I won't give out an address unless it's one with a plus as well as the domain that I'm giving it to.

It's basic email security. You may not use it but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

• I use example.com@{oneofmydoamins} for sites I don't trust.

• kylixkylix Member
    edited December 2011

@drmike said: You may not use it but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

I guess you've got me wrong on that one.

• That's fine. Nine hours of being lied to gets to me.

"Why I game my money to the lady ringing the bell here before you."

"Sir I know my voice is a tad high but I would think my needing a shave would have been a dead giveaway that I'm not a girl."

sigh

• @drmike said: No actually I don't. I won't give out an address unless it's one with a plus as well as the domain that I'm giving it to.

While we're typically fine on emails like this for owned domains, any clients trying to sign up with "[email protected]" or some such finds themselves very restricted when it comes to ordering. I understand the need for email security, but folks that go out of their way for 100% anonymity and then expect to be trusted by a provider are just fools.

As an aside, please tell me you're not one of those types that actually harasses everyone trying to walk in and out of a store...

• Meh, I don't really understand the point of total anonymity. Unless you're doing something illegal of course. So many people are like, CAN'T LET THE GOVERNMENT OR BIG CORPORATIONS KNOW WHAT I DO IN MY DAILY LIFE! Like they really care, after all, all these organizations are made up of normal people.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited December 2011

@Aldryic said: As an aside, please tell me you're not one of those types that actually harasses everyone trying to walk in and out of a store...

Actually that's illegal in Charlotte. Part of the panhandling laws. Many non profits get away with it though. There's no exception made for the non profits but they do it anyway. They even had "Friends of the Library" at a number of branches this summer until I and others called administration and pointed it out to them that it was illegal.

I say "Good Morning" or "Hello" and that's pretty much it. Spend most of my time giving directions actually. Mall management actually refuses to give me any more directories as I gave out 97 the first day. (There's a 100 in a pack.)

Those bellringers that sing or scream at people across the parking lot as they walk up get featured on the local news.

edit And to answered the point raised, I normally use the (the space is in your mind) apparatus + (the domain in question) @ gmail dot tld for my address.

Royally screws up gravatar though.

• Heh. I actually had to lay hands on one jackass that grabbed my daughter's jacket as we tried to walk past. That joker was United Way, though, and I'll have nothing to do with those crooks. (Or the Red Cross, for that matter. Certain Veteran organizations [being one myself], Lifeshare, and Salvation Army are the only organizations I contribute to, aside from helping out local nonprofits)

• @drmike said: I say "Good Morning" or "Hello" and that's pretty much it. Spend most of my time giving directions actually. Mall management actually refuses to give me any more directories as I gave out 97 the first day. (There's a 100 in a pack.)

These are the ones I will give my last dollar. You understand that if people will give they will give. I don't have much but the Corps(Toys for Tots), and Salvation Army get from me every year.

• @Aldryic said: Heh. I actually had to lay hands on one jackass that grabbed my daughter's jacket as we tried to walk past.

That would be considered assault in my book. Immediate termination if someone did it with the Salvation Army probably if the parent complained.

I have 3 little old ladies who smell me as they walk by to see if I;m smoking at the kettle. One of them actually looks for butts on the ground. If they smell or find anything, they call up and complain. Only thing that saves my butt is that I don't smoke. I wish they would do that with the other bellringers.

Some one else called to complain that I held open the door for another lady but not her. I think it was a black lady with packages and a stroller who I held the door as an elderly white woman gave me a very big scorn as she walked by although i remember holding the door open for her as well.

Yup, lots of fun.

• Hey guys, don't really want to stop you - you have a so interesting life and country :-), but maybe you should re-read this thread title!

• heh Look at the site title. :)

I still haven't transferred any domains yet.