Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In trouble with the wife! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In trouble with the wife!

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

LowEndBox - Separating couples since 2008.

• Thats not a serious topic, is it?

• n1kkon1kko Member

Sure is

• My wife doesn't have a say in it :-p

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited April 2014

@n1kko said:
    Sure is

If you say so ;)

Well then, it might be useful to know why you want "more" servers and why she is against it.

• ben78ben78 Member

neroux is right.. why more servers? more bandwidth? more IPv4s?

:)

• kyakykyaky Member

I've already got rid of her.

• cassacassa Member

Need to buy moar servers!!!!!!!!!!

Tell your wife how funny servers are, give her an account on a server you don't use and let her try things :)

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited April 2014

@cassa said:
    Need to buy moar servers!!!!!!!!!!

Tell your wife how funny servers are, give her an account on a server you don't use and let her try things :)

$ su

# rm -rf /

• Assuming this is a serious question, I am afraid the answers are sort of not very helpful.

• blackblack Member

How much she spends on clothing & shoes is how much you should spend on servers.

• @black said:
    How much she spends on clothing & shoes is how much you should spend on servers.

I would never do that. I'm pretty sure that would mean spending all the money ;)

• blackblack Member

@0xdragon said:
    I would never do that. I'm pretty sure that would mean spending all the money ;)

Hah.

• ScionScion Member

@n1kko said:
    She has her Pugs I have my servers!

Sounds just like me and my wife! :P

• tdaletdale Member

Lol..... This is the best post i saw all day. You forgot a voting option: (X) Get rid of wife. (Worked for me)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@n1kko did that worked?

• Get a dog for a change. German shepherds are nice.

• Happy wife happy life.

Learnt it the hard way.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • psst, hey...hey buddy; i know a guy in cleveland who could take care of this for ya's..

• souensouen Member

Try telling her how important this is to you. You could show her things running on servers that she can relate to, e.g. blog. Even if she doesn't care for the details, possibly she will understand the enthusiasm or pleasure, like her own hobbies. As long as you don't let it affect the relationship (you are spending more time with her than you do buying servers, right?) and she's assured that it's a healthy interest, she'll probably relent.

A bit of sweet talk might go a long way. :)

• @IceCream said:
    Fuck her! Buy more servers!

It sounds like those two decisions are mutually exclusive (unless done exactly in that order).

• blackblack Member

@user123 said:
    It sounds like those two decisions are mutually exclusive (unless done exactly in that order).

• cassacassa Member

@iceTwy said:

Exactly!

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2014

never go against the will of your wife...

• black said: How much she spends on clothing & shoes is how much you should spend on servers.

Yeah.. that didn't really work.. lol.. only because she wanted my money to buy the shoes,..

• pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
    edited April 2014

Offtopic... Btw its better than alcoholism! ^^

• tell her you donated your servers to me, she will love you more.

• My wife does not know about servers. She only wants to know about MONEY.

hahahahaha

If there is or not server inside house or outside, she is not worried about it.
    But if there is not money in my pocket... this is a BIG PROBLEM to her.

hhahahahaha

:)

• DragonDF said: If there is or not server inside house or outside, she is not worried about it. But if there is not money in my pocket... this is a BIG PROBLEM to her.

She sounds like Peggy Bundy ;-)

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • 3.5k, 55 comments. Sigh..I still love you guys.