Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choosing between providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Choosing between providers

TehEnforceTehEnforce Member
edited April 2014 in Help

I have currently a hard time choosing a provider to host my site on. I have found some pretty good 512/yearly deals from Crissic, HostUS, NodeServ and VPSDime but they all offer like the same specs for the same price.

So Im curious if there has been any drama going on related to these providers last month? If there is anything I should need to know about those roviders? If there are uptime issues etc. Reviews etc are welcome aswell.

Best service/experience
  1. I get the best service/got the best experience on45 votes
    1. Crissic Solutions
      57.78%
    2. HostUS
      11.11%
    3. NodeServ
        2.22%
    4. VPSDime
      28.89%

Comments

• personally i havent used any of those yet. but i have used ramnode for like 6 months and chicagovps for 4 years. they both offer good stability

• All 4 provide more than adequate service, for me.

• @Jack said:
    VPSDime is one of the Nodisto brands and I know Oktay as working with him takes stuff very seriously and doesn't mess around.

Basically you should add that you sold DotVPS to Nodisto as well as working for them.

Going back to the topic: RamNode is a provider that I can recommend.

• I only have experience with VPSDime and Crissic. I feel they both deserve a vote. Great services.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • @Jack said:
    I only work for DotVPS not VPSDime nor any other Nodisto brand.

Nodisto is a parent of DotVPS. It's a same thing.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

From these providers, I would choose Crissic.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • Yeah, shut up Jack!

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Jack said:
    Basically;

Crissic Solutions, Skylar is a top guy and seems to know his stuff however as far as I know he is working alone, correct me if I am wrong.

Wrong. :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2014

Go with VPSDime.

• Using hostus for about 1 year and so far so good...

• alexvolk said: Going back to the topic: RamNode is a provider that I can recommend.

Don't see RamNode in the list so it's not the topic :)

Of the listed providers, I only have experience with Crissic.

They're excellent.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • wychwych Member

@Jack time for a disclaimer ;)

• wojonswojons Member
    edited April 2014

vpsdime @serverian has stable servers good uptime runs a clean shop and fanstastic support.

hostus @alexanderm good guy suppport is average but the server perfomance is great.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Crissic is my vote though I've never used it.

• have used crissic. top notch so far, with the service and commnication.

• @wojons said:
    hostus alexzanderm good guy suppport is average but the server perfomance is great.

It's @alexanderm

• @forthcloud said:
    It's alexanderm

thx i fixed it

• Not using them atm, but hei, i like skylarM, seems nice guy ;)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Running a plex media server (monitored close) on a Crissic 15/year vps. It works very well.

I have no vps with any of the other providers (soon vpsdime for another project).

• @SkylarM said:
    Wrong. :)

About you being a nice guy or you working alone? ;-)

Thanked by 3Sander mikho sirmbhe
  • @mpkossen said:
    About you being a nice guy or you working alone? ;-)

Working alone. Or maybe I'm not a nice guy at all :(

• Thanks for all the help! Its hard choosing between Crissic Solutions and VPSDime. First I wanted to host 1 project on Crissic Solutions and another project of mine on VPSDime but sadly the second project neither does Crissic Solutions and VPSDime want to host it. So now I have to choose between both of them.

How is the performance on Crissic and VPSDime? Is the hard drive speed good? Is the network good? Are the nodes oversold? etc.

• @TehEnforce said:
    Thanks for all the help! Its hard choosing between Crissic Solutions and VPSDime. First I wanted to host 1 project on Crissic Solutions and another project of mine on VPSDime but sadly the second project neither does Crissic Solutions and VPSDime want to host it. So now I have to choose between both of them.

How is the performance on Crissic and VPSDime? Is the hard drive speed good? Is the network good? Are the nodes oversold? etc.

VPSDime = nodes oversold, I get some pretty bad network sometimes, and processes get killed randomly. Otherwise it's okay.

Crissic = decent, I would guess a little oversold/high peak times.

• @TehEnforce said:

We oversell, but less than most hosts do. KVM is 100% dedicated ram and HDD. No thin provisioning or ram overselling. Worth a looksee if inside your budget. A few benchmarks are in this thread: https://vpsboard.com/topic/3899-crissic-512mb-kvm/ (look at my recent post)

• @alexvolk

Nodisto is a parent of DotVPS. It's a same thing.

@jack wrote

and I know Oktay as working with him

do you also want him to tell you they are friends on FB?

• @seaeagle said:
    alexvolk

If you want so, I'll tell you.

@Jack it was meant for transparency, I'm not angry about your service at all.

• @SkylarM said:
    Working alone. Or maybe I'm not a nice guy at all :(

Wrong! :)

• @0xdragon said:
    VPSDime = nodes oversold, I get some pretty bad network sometimes, and processes get killed randomly. Otherwise it's okay.

We oversell the memory, yet we keep at least 48GB free memory on the nodes. We sell 6GB ram on 384GB nodes, while people sell 2GB ram on 32GB nodes. Tell me who is more overselling here?

We do not oversell the disk IO and we constantly monitor it.

Nodes are connected at 4 x 1Gbps or 2 x 1Gbps to the switches with full utilization guarantee from our providers.

I think you are on a Los Angeles node with Colocrossing. I agree the network can be bad at times since they use Nlayer and major DDoS protection providers use Nlayer in LA. And when the attack comes at that provider, it unfortunately saturates their capacity and we end up getting a little packet loss and performance penalty.

Processes getting killed is something not a single customer has reported us. That shouldn't happen. Please open a ticket and we can look at your container.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @serverian said:
    Processes getting killed is something not a single customer has reported us. That shouldn't happen. Please open a ticket and we can look at your container.

I had this issue when I had my container which I think was cancelled a little while ago.

The process was Firefox, from what I remember. It was being used as a jump box.

However I am having issues with network and CPU on my Winity :/ perhaps I was mixed up between the brands. Sorry!

• @0xdragon said:
    However I am having issues with network and CPU on my Winity :/ perhaps I was mixed up between the brands. Sorry!

Please open a ticket if you didn't already and let me know the ticket number.