Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What OpenVZ providers support veth?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What OpenVZ providers support veth?

I want a OpenVZ VPS that can connect to an OpenVPN server as a client. From what I've read this requires the container to have a veth device, is there any providers who offer this?

I'd be looking for 128MB RAM, 5GB disk, but good network and bandwidth (500GB+). EU location preferred.

Comments

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited April 2014

Looks like RamNode @Nick_A may provide what you need. I haven't requested that before, however one of their knowledgebase articles has this line:
    PBX in a Flash CentOS 6.4 (x86) [Open a ticket for veth]
    https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=48

• awsonawson Member

If @Nick_A can confirm he'd enable veth for me, I'll sign up with him :)

• awsonawson Member

Bump, still looking for a provider

• My guess is no providers would support veth since it would allow you to do IP spoofing, unless they want to make a separate VLAN for each VPS with veth, etc.
    And i don't think OpenVPN needs a veth device. All it needs is a tun/tap device.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • awsonawson Member

rds100 said: And i don't think OpenVPN needs a veth device. All it needs is a tun/tap device.

That's for a server. I want to run an OpenVPN client on a VPS.

• Just get a KVM then. Why does it have to be OpenVZ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Proxmox does, just get a cheap dedi, even atom, and you can either use it as such, or use proxmox and OVZ with veth. You can also use simple OVZ and enable veth in config.

• awsonawson Member

Yeah, I just ended up using one of my KVMs. Not sure why I didn't think of that in the first place, guess I'm just used to OVZ :)

/thread

• @awson said:
    That's for a server. I want to run an OpenVPN client on a VPS.

You don't need veth for an OpenVPN client.