Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Redirect DDoS to IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Redirect DDoS to IP

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited May 2012 in General

So this guy keeps DDoS/Dos'ing me with new IP's each time all IP's come from OVH so i guess its a dedi or a vps there wich this guy uses to dos with

But now my questions, i know his real IP, how can i redirect the attack that he does to his own IP?

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

Point www.yoursite.com to his own IP. If he is stupid enough he may fall for it, but i doubt it. Better yet, point your site to the IP of www.fbi.gov or similar, then if he tries to DoS it there is bigger chance he will get in trouble.

• Hes ddosing my VPS, there is no website hosted on it, only gameservers

• JacobJacob Member

That is not Ideal, Not even sure if it is possible on a normal linux machine.

If the IP is local and having inbound/outbound attacks then you can nullroute it locally by doing "route add (IP here) gw 127.0.0.1 lo" and then "route delete (IP here)" to delete it.

Read this.. http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-drop-or-block-attackers-ip-with-null-routes.html

I always use this command to drop traffic to containers when they are having Inbound DOS/DDOS and it is affecting the network.

• beardbeard Member

@rds100 said: Point www.yoursite.com to his own IP. If he is stupid enough he may fall for it, but i doubt it. Better yet, point your site to the IP of www.fbi.gov or similar, then if he tries to DoS it there is bigger chance he will get in trouble.

Dumbest suggestion ever.

Complain to OVH with the IP addresses of the attacking IP addresses to their abuse contact. They will respond very quickly

• rds100rds100 Member

@beard the suggestion was made to a kid who is well known for ripping websites and hanging on hack forums. Do you think he would know how to submit a proper abuse report to OVH?

This discussion has been closed.