Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with DDOS-HOST.NET - two week review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with DDOS-HOST.NET - two week review

2»

Comments

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

@Nekki said:
    Point. OVH do have a habit of being brutal with clients receiving DDoS attacks.

That was before they launched their DDOS protection in July last year. Now they do not care how big the DDOS attack is & can easily mitigate upto 480 Gbps/Mpps attacks.

Thanked by 1W3Host
  • Ian_Ian_ Member

LOL using the scapegoat of stress test. It illegal or unethical, how ever you want to put it. Sorry but you condone such actions just raises red flags to what else you will over look to make a dollar. Sorry down playing the situation doesn't help out either. Peace out!

• @Ian_ said:
    LOL using the scapegoat of stress test. It illegal or unethical, how ever you want to put it. Sorry but you condone such actions just raises red flags to what else you will over look to make a dollar. Sorry down playing the situation doesn't help out either. Peace out!

It isn't either illegal or unethical if permission is given. I haven't once condoned it and allowing someone to DDoS me isn't going to make me a 'quick dollar' or any dollar at all for that matter.

• @Ian_ said:

if you know any alternative methods to test a DDoS protection from a customer side then please share it with us instead of talking about scapegoats. are you just going to take the host's word for it? what if they are being unethical themselfs and lie about the protection? you wouldn't know because you didn't test it.

Thanked by 1W3Host
    edited April 2014

@Ian_ said:

Can't stand the praise & appreciation of other hosts? There is pretty much nothing wrong with stress testing for 30 seconds as it is not going to affect anything as he has OVH's PRO DDOS Protection on every IP.

Why would OVH mind it is beyond me.They are offering DDOS protection so anyone who wants to sign up with them for that reason does have the right to do so! OVH have 1 Tbps+ spare bandwidth only to mitigate attacks.

BTW I am not a provider as of today & nor do I have any association with DDOS-Host but I still anything clients to do have the right to confirm that if what they are ordering is gonna serve the purpose or not.

Thanked by 1W3Host
    edited April 2014

@Mark_R said:
    what if they are being unethical themselfs and lie about the protection?**

Pretty common example of that is Voxility's DDOS Protection where a simple UDP flood can take your server down even though you are paying hundreds of Euros for protection.

• @K2Bytes said:
    Pretty common example of that is Voxility's DDOS Protection where a simple UDP flood can take your server down even though you are paying hundreds of Euros for protection.

I dont know about voxility they look solid to me but again, I dont take someone's word on it. Its just good to always test it.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited April 2014

DDoSHost said: It isn't either illegal or unethical if permission is given.

Do you seriously think people are able to generate 10Gbps attacks without using illegal botnets?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

@Dylan said:
    Do you seriously think people are able to generate 10Gbps attacks without using illegal botnets?

some datacenters have a 10gbit uplink network?

edited April 2014

@Mark_R said:

I have tested Voxility's DDOS Protection in the past & it was useless.

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited April 2014

@K2Bytes said:

Voxility actually nulls users for 6 hours if they get somewhat small layer 7 attacks.

Also @Mark_R yea basically, the hoster doesn't actually know much about ddos attacks nor how to defend against them, I even asked him about it got the good old "Sorry but you don't want to buy anything good bye" in the face like they always do.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:
    Also Mark_R yea basically, the hoster doesn't actually know much about ddos attacks nor how to defend against them, I even asked him about it got the good old "Sorry but you don't want to buy anything good bye" in the face like they always do.

That sucks, that is why I never would choose OVH resellers for services that need DDoS protection (assuming you talk about ddos-host.net.)

• @Mark_R said:

I refused to talk to him on Skype as he randomly added me without me giving him my skype to tell me that he had basically send a DNS DDoS attack to my site. I dislike him as a person on here so I see no reason to have him on my Skype contact list.

• CakeyCakey Member

@DDoSHost said:

I didn't tell you anything about me hitting anything, I asked a simple question about you knowing about ddos attacks.

• @Mark_R said:
    That sucks, that is why I never would choose OVH resellers for services that need DDoS protection (assuming you talk about ddos-host.net.)

Not all hosts are like that.I know some resellers who know a lot! Based on my experience I would say simple rule of thumb is whoever can configure/offer KVM or XEN on OVH is quite knowledgeable about hosting in general & DDOS attacks too.You know why? Because it really is a pain in the *** to configure those on OVH's network. OpenVZ is same like all other networks of the world just install Solus, click click & there you go.

• Wow. Is there any filtering at LET or there is an anarchy?

This is just another 1000+ OVH reseller and the "review" is just a trolling :)

• SunnSunn Member

OVH Ddos Protection is really not that good.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:
    For example Ovh has no layer 7 protection even thought they claim that they have like many other things nor does it protect against TCP floods thus one medium sized TCP flood would lead to the whole thing going down/get nulled.

You seem to know an awful lot about their network capabilities for someone who is very against stress-testing...

Thanked by 1W3Host
  • CakeyCakey Member

@Pwner said:
    You seem to know an awful lot about their network capabilities for someone who is very against stress-testing...

Ehm were I ever against stress testing?
    I don't think I ever stated I was and I've used ovh and many other services so I know a lot about them.

• If you didn't have express permissions from all networks involved, it was done illegally (in writing, even). Slice it up or rationalize any way you want, this is the way it is.

Thanked by 2Ian_ Dylan