Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NodeCore] - Released as Open-Source
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[NodeCore] - Released as Open-Source

MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
edited May 2012 in General

Hello,

Many have requested that I release the backend of many of my sites which I promised a while ago but haven't had the time todo till recently.

Its sort of a mini-template system, I haven't finished the blog code yet (I'm going todo pages before I publish it), so thats not included (yet).

https://github.com/Therbo/PHP-NodeCore

There you go, the details are in the README.

Thanked by 1mrm2005

Comments

• vldvld Member

How is this a "mini-CMS"? You're just doing a bunch of includes, you have a "template" system that does a bunch of <?php echo 1; echo 2; echo 3; ?> stuff, the DB class isn't using PDO (ahem, rage on), I could go on

• @vld said: How is this a "mini-CMS"? You're just doing a bunch of includes, you have a "template" system that does a bunch of <?php echo 1; echo 2; echo 3; ?> stuff, the DB class isn't using PDO (ahem, rage on), I could go on

Hence why I haven't released the blog yet, I'm rewriting it for MySQLi.

Its very minimal, but is fairly advanced and very quick, hence why I said sort of a mini-CMS.

• vldvld Member
    edited May 2012

If by CMS you understand spreading the whole thing in 20 files with cross includes, no template system (a real one, that is, not 2 simple files - include and header), no publishing/editing content functions, and so on, then FINE, nice mini-CMS.
    Basically what you have is a low performance, nicely organized bunch of code.

Sorry if I'm offending your work, pleaz no dd0s me sir

Thanked by 1debug
  • @vld said: Sorry if I'm offending your work, pleaz no dd0s me sir

Don't worry, I'm just so used to doing it to everyone.

/sarcasm.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@vld said: Sorry if I'm offending your work, pleaz no dd0s me sir

What kind of stupid comment was that? Why would he Ddos you? not so sure he even knows how.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

@DanielM said: What kind of stupid comment was that? Why would he Ddos you? not so sure he even knows how.

What kind of stupid comment was that?

• DanielMDanielM Member

@JoeMerit said: What kind of stupid comment was that?

Carefull.......

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Gotta be careful around these parts. One insult to Daniel and bam...5 minutes of terror.

• vldvld Member

@DanielM said: What kind of stupid comment was that? Why would he Ddos you? not so sure he even knows how.

I'm assuming you haven't read this thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2496/buyvm#Item_228
    tl;dr version: daniel DDoS'd the blog of a LET member from a ramhost box and admitted to doing so, got suspended from ramhost and reported to the authorities

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited May 2012

@vld said: daniel DDoS'd the blog of a LET member from a ramhost box and admitted to doing so, got suspended from ramhost and reported to the authorities

Perhaps it was an accident? or he was simply testing the site load (Such as http://loadimpact.com/)

Regarding reported to the authorities thats just a stupid american thing issuing legal threats. The americans would sue for anything. Although its usually food related thats why america is so obese.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@vld said: tl;dr version: daniel DDoS'd the blog of a LET member from a ramhost box and admitted to doing so, got suspended from ramhost and reported to the authorities

Correction I flooded for 5 mins from a RamHost VPS, and admitted doing so, and got terminated from RamHost when they made it public.

Can we place get back on topic.

I've released it because I have ~10PMs asking me todo it,

Thanked by 1mrm2005
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

Correction I flooded for 5 mins from a RamHost VPS, and accidently admitted doing so, and got terminated from RamHost when they made it public.

Sorry... I had too.

@Daniel said: and admitted doing so

• ZeroZero Member
    edited May 2012

Opensource things are always good because you can receive feedback and improvements from others, good work @Daniel.
    I would call this a mini-Framework instead of mini-CMS.

Thanked by 2djvdorp MrAndroid
  • debugdebug Member
    edited May 2012

Honestly this looks like an really abstracted form of this:

< ?php
    $page = isset($_GET['page']) ? $_GET['page'] : 'home';

if ( !file_exists('./pages/'.$page.'.txt') ) $page = '404';

include 'templates/header.php';
    include './pages/'.$page.'.txt';
    include 'templates/footer.php';

(It's not that secure, you should sanitize the $_GET['page'] thing, if you use that code.

• yomeroyomero Member

I miss @XeonCross...

Thanked by 3Miky Aldryic djvdorp
  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@debug but that wouldnt allow you to set the page name in each file. Theres around 10 other classes that I use in it although not released. Its designed to be a mini-framework, I wanted todo something fairly small, and looked at Lavarel etc, and wondered why you need todo so much for one simple thing and I only wanted todo simple things, so I decided to write my own.

I posted it open source in order for advice and feedback, its as the bases for everything I do.