Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost ram usage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ghost ram usage

Does anyone know the reqs for ghost-cms?

Haven't found anything on google.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2014

128mb should be fine for a basic non busy blog, 256mb to be safe. Assuming nothing else running on the VPS other than the OS.

• I'd say 256 MB RAM would be the minimum if you're only going to be running that. Maybe even 512 MB?

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited April 2014

I recommend that you get at least a 512MB VPS. On my blog it's currently using more than half of that. It is under KVM not OpenVZ (should use less in OVZ). I had applied Nginx static file caching and some other optimizations.

• souensouen Member

When I tested (1 ghost blog running with forever and nginx): 2 node processes, 39 M and 19 M when first started. After opening and closing some 20 instances of the front page, adding a few more short posts and refreshing one page about 20 times, memory usage for the first node process went up to 53 M, the other is 20 M. The estimates in the ghost forum threads about 60-70 MB per blog looks about right.

Not sure how well it scales to traffic though, ymmv.

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited April 2014

My production Ghost blog runs at 53 MB with 5 threads. I have an API that runs under Node.js using about 10MB with 1 thread. So about 10MB per thread.

I'm using Apache2 as a reverse proxy as well as serving content for my other domains and applications (Mono). It uses around 15MB.

I would say you could run Ghost with a MySQL backend using Nginx in under 256 RAM. I'm using Upstart to manage Ghost so no extra overhead of Supervisor or Forever.

• I'm running ghost for erawan.me under 256mb kvm vps with supervisor and some other program.

Tried to run it in a 50mb vps but didn't work. :)

• i host it under 128MB of RAM, and it use about 40% of it

• LeeLee Veteran

@hwdsl2 said:
    I recommend you get at least a 512MB VPS. On my blog it's currently using more than half of that.

Something not right there, what else you running on the VPS?

• ITT: People who do not understand Linux memory usage.

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited April 2014

W1V_Lee said:
    Something not right there, what else you running on the VPS?

For @W1V_Lee and others interested - on my blog, here's the ram usage statistics in htop for all Ghost-related processes:

On my OpenVZ VPS with 1GB RAM:
    ram_usage_ovz_corrected

On another KVM VPS with 512MB RAM:
    ram_usage_kvm_corrected

I use Nginx as a reverse proxy, compiled with the ModSecurity module. If you are curious, my Nginx configuration can be found in the Ghost blog tutorial in my sig below.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:
    It turns out that some of the "processes" in the original screenshots are just "threads" (press "H" to toggle), whose memory usage should not be counted. I have recaptured the screenshots and NOW they are correct.

• 512 MB is good enough with a lot of room for growth.

• Thanks everyone for the help!