Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about cloudflare. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A question about cloudflare.

2»

Comments

• wojonswojons Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:

>

I am not sure if cloudflare's cache extnds out side of each data center. I would hope your getting routed to the same data for every request but i can see your issue that u reload the page and it re-checks the assets. Do you know if your configuration is sending cache headers so cloudflare will not checkback so often? Also something that came into mind there is a chance that they have some sort of cache timeout so if it takes more then x milliseconds to find the contents of cache on there end they just get it from you i dont really know just grasping at straws.

alfieyeoman said: I used Cloudflare to reduce my RAM and CPU usage. I only saw around 25% drop. Still a substantial amount though.

Seems about right static content if its small will just stay in your page cache on linux. Most memory is used from dynamic processes.

• @wojons said:
    cloudflare uses anycast ips what that means is they can announce the same ip from multiple data centers for different routes on the internet. I am not sure if Frankfurt is close or far from you and if the route is the best but thats how it works.

Note: I do not recommend doing ping on our network to check for performance. Since we use Anycast, which means the IPs are broadcast at every datacenter, you are not going to get accurate results using ping. Use a traceroute instead.

Performance in Europe:
    Around the time of this post, we were shifting a lot of traffic around so we could work on some upgrades and the like. It is quite possible that was what was at play here.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • udkudk Member

damoncloudflare said: Performance in Europe: Around the time of this post, we were shifting a lot of traffic around so we could work on some upgrades and the like. It is quite possible that was what was at play here.

Why are your support staff unaware of that? Also, it's still the same for certain IPs. From UK 141.101.117.135 is routing as normal to London, but 108.162.198.138 and 108.162.197.249 are going to Poland. I did explain this to support many times but I gave up eventually after going round in circles with them claiming nothing was wrong.

Anyways, cloudflare is still a great service, but there's no support if something does go wrong.

• xDutchyxDutchy Member

For me all the IP's you have listed @udk route towards Amsterdam (from The Netherlands myself), all with the same~ latency, no issue here

• udk said: Why are your support staff unaware of that? Also, it's still the same for certain IPs. From UK 141.101.117.135 is routing as normal to London, but 108.162.198.138 and 108.162.197.249 are going to Poland. I did explain this to support many times but I gave up eventually after going round in circles with them claiming nothing was wrong.

London and Poland are nearer, there are no issue. CloudFlare also takes in place where the origin server(s) located (as i can understand).

• udkudk Member

No, that would circumvent the whole point of a CDN.

Besides, origin is in USA. UK > Poland > USA makes no sense ;)