Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My VolumeDrive server is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My VolumeDrive server is down

My VolumeDrive server has been down for around 24 hours so far, and I've got a ticket open with them, but it says to view it's progress logon to my.volumedrive.com, however, I've never gotten any login details for there.

Does anyone know how to get my details as when I emailed the support asking for a way to get my details, I got another email saying a ticket had been opened and view it's progress on my.volumedrive.com again.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited April 2014
  • I've just messaged them, but seeing as they haven't been online since April 1st I don't expect a reply anytime soon really, but I guess I'll just have to wait it out, however, I think when my servers back up I've gonna move to someone else once I save my data.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Try calling +1 (570) 565-9829 (M-F 9-5 GMT -5)

• tomhartotomharto Member
    edited April 2014
  • Is there anywhere I can find how much it will cost me to call that number from the UK?

• Even though it's more money, I saw this http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex60 but the spec seems way too good for the price, so I'm just trying to find the catch.

• Could you expand a little on that?

I'm trying to find a good hosting company to just run a pure linux box, then I'm going to run a few servers (Minecraft, TeamSpeak etc), so I assume I'm mostly gonna need a good amount of RAM. I've seen a lot of companies where I can rent a MC server, but I want a plain Linux server I can manage myself.

• wychwych Member

@Jack said:
    Hetzner automate everything as do OVH in regards to auto null for abuse and automated canned support replies, you break something you best know how to fix it via rescue mode or reinstall...

At least you can re-install to your hearts content automatically if you have a steep learning curve.

• Well this server will just be for me and a few friends, so if I have to reinstall it's not a major issue. OVH in France or Hetzner in DE sound the best to me seeing as I live in the UK (latency wise) I just wish Hetzner would reply to my email if they support using if for MC (a few hosts I saw said they don't allow it because of DDoS)

• wychwych Member

@tomharto said:
    Well this server will just be for me and a few friends, so if I have to reinstall it's not a major issue. OVH in France or Hetzner in DE sound the best to me seeing as I live in the UK (latency wise) I just wish Hetzner would reply to my email if they support using if for MC (a few hosts I saw said they don't allow it because of DDoS)

OVH would be better for the latency.

@Jack said:
    Something you want to tell us George? haha!

Its nicer than waiting for a host to plug a KVM/Remote Hands module in thats all ;)

• PwnerPwner Member

@Jack said:
    Something you want to tell us George? haha!

He's just saying you guys are a few milliseconds short of good ping on a latency test. ;)