Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New Atoms - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The New Atoms

2»

Comments

• Mun said: What locations do you have?

It'll be Dallas only for that.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2014

I think this would be great for small to medium sized businesses that don't need a really powerful CPU for their sites when they are collocating. For example in our main website server I am using an atom D425 and I would be happy to upgrade to the new atom. ( I am barely using any CPU at this point - hosting about 20 sites and have 4 virtual machines one with a teamspeak server.)

I would also say that Query Foundry has a great team and service so that would be a great person to rent this from.

• wychwych Member

@concerto49 said:
    Contact us at https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php and we can provide some quotes.

Oohhhh, im curious...

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited May 2014

I don't have one, but i saw one in action. It was ASRock C2750D4I motherboard (450€+-). Running on ESXi with 5-6 VMs in same time (Debian/Windows/CentOS), with 16GB of RAM. Max power usage was 28w. And CPU only at 10-13% (normal usage).

A lot of space for more VMs. And all that on home cable network, hosting few web sites and online projects. When installing ESXi, you need the last version, ESXi 5.5 Driver Rollup 1. ESXi 5.1/5.5 can be used but you loose integrated SATA controller.

Wait for Gigabyte, info http://tiny.cc/8ethgx.

If not, for now you can find only two boards "SuperMicro" and "ASRock" with this configuration.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2014

I have one of those online.net Avatons and am deeply impressed by that CPU and the server in general. This is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect cost/performance ratio for my special case.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I have one from CVPS and I love it! Running proxmox on it with a couple of web servers, and a PBX and all is smooth as butta.

• @agoldenberg said:
    I have one from CVPS and I love it! Running proxmox on it with a couple of web servers, and a PBX and all is smooth as butta.

How much is it from them?

• @Jack said:
    See LEB they do a $39/mo deal

I'm tempted, but do they have KVM/IPMI?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

would be an awesome LES box :) if anyone knows anyone doing deals on these let me know (CC is no good as I need IPv6)

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    would be an awesome LES box :) if anyone knows anyone doing deals on these let me know (CC is no good as I need IPv6)

online.net; but they have no raid.

• @Jack said:
    They'll give you a /24 for $5.. LES /w v4, haha.

Wait, really? XD

LOL @Jack ok sold, LES with Native IPv4 @jbiloh what price can you do on a /24 out of interest?

@Jack said:
    I was joking.. I think it's about $127.50/mo for a /24.

What a rip off! :p

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon I'm paying $50 they have em under the bargain bin section.