Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFOservers dedicated HT CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFOservers dedicated HT CPU

georgegeorge Member

Hi,

Would someone be able to tell me if there is any massive difference in terms of performance having one full, dedicated HT CPU core (Nehalem or better) from NFOservers compared to let's say 512MB CKVM-E5 from Ramnode (2 CPU's @ 2.3GHz)?

Comments

• Are you looking at this for game server hosting(such as source games)?

• Kind of. RN in specific puts a limit on your cpu usage to a .9 load. That's generally 90% of a cpu core, on a 2.3GHz processor. With the NFO dedicated core servers, you get 100% usage of a 3+ Ghz core (I'm pretty sure). That's the difference I can get.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

@Wiggles741 said:
    Are you looking at this for game server hosting(such as source games)?

Yeah I'm mainly interested in hosting source based games. I've been hosting couple servers with Ramnode and I can't complain I was just wondering whatever it's worth the extra money.

I've been hearing good things about InterNAP as well.

• I've been running source servers on some with no problems and InterNAP is some pretty good stuff.

• @catalystium said:
    I've been running source servers on some with no problems and InterNAP is some pretty good stuff.

Well you can run source servers on pretty much anything really. I'm mainly looking for a stable performance and lag free gaming experience. Thanks for the info though.

• @george said:
    Well you can run source servers on pretty much anything really. I'm mainly looking for a stable performance and lag free gaming experience. Thanks for the info though.

Quite stable, I've had no complaints as to the performance of the server(s).

• @catalystium said:
    Quite stable, I've had no complaints as to the performance of the server(s).

What's their customer service like? Have you ever need to contact them regarding some issue?

• @george said:

For the few times I've had to ask them something, they've responded within a few minutes. They have a great team of people that run the show over there.

• edited April 2014

Internap is good: If you can afford it nfo is good