Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Q1 top providers community pool (take two, without "jokes" and private voting)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2014 Q1 top providers community pool (take two, without "jokes" and private voting)

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
edited April 2014 in General

OK, since the other "official" poll is going crazy, lets organize a real community one.

Rules:
1. Only people registered 6 months ago can vote and with at least 10 relevant posts (i will check it, but if there are people to help me, please PM).
2. Split vote is allowed, i.e. 5 points can be attributed to anyone you like, however, if more than 20% of people give negative votes, the entry will be rejected.
3. Negative voting is allowed, put up a list of maximum 3 hosts of which you think are scams and should not be allowed to take part in this poll and if 20% of the people nominate the same, will be discarded and their points lost. This cannot happen to top 5 unless the negative vote is 50%+
4. Vote change is allowed within 24 hours (normal edit time) so you can see the "jokes" and act in time before it spirals out of control.
5. Voting will last 3 days only.
6. You can give at most 3 HMs. 3 of them will be converted into 1 point, so you effectively have 6 points to give.

I hope this will ensure fair play to the best of my knowledge and keep it simple and fast enough.

Go! Go! Go!

P.S. I have the right to ask people to vote in a different poll with different rules, if they do not want to, will not vote, in the end we will be able to compare results and reach some conclusions. This is the unofficial, community poll.

P.S. 2 Since I am not a mod unable to delete junk, it will float around, but the results will not be influenced, so dont be discouraged, prove you want your vote to count, not diluted by haters and jokers and other agendas. The idea is to give a view to whoever the community thinks is a good provider with reasonable accuracy. If you do not believe me, count for yourself at the end, this is the point of transparent voting, I cannot modify posts, so it should be even more credible.

Comments

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited April 2014

Why not?

VPSDIME: 5

HM: IPXCore, Prometeus, LowEndSpirit

Thanked by 2Maounique serverian
  • Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2014

OK, I repost the vote I withdrew from the other thread:
    2 Serverian and his brands;
    1 Edis for the number of locations, some are stable;
    1 ChicagoVPS, better than what people say, but dont need mail and only used the chicago location;
    1 DO, very good for a free service, I think they are worth the money also;
    HM BlueVM, used to be better, but the prices are worth it anyway;
    HM Vultr no service with them, but it looks very promising;
    HM GVH I am very modest regarding quality and will be testing them regarding traffic and stability, the prices are certainly right!

P.S. last time I give points to hosts without IPv6, next poll will probably be after ARIN runs into last /8, it is high time to wake up and stop this crazy race for more allocations.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

This thread is lolcats. 5 votes for Michael Jackson's 'Bad' album please.

• 5 votes to Daft Punk - Discovery

Thanked by 1Nekki

No HM ? Come on, you can do better than that! Help mpkossen rig the votes with a HM to Jean Michel Jarre!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

HM: Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Also, the guy who's just stood next to me on the train fucking stinks. I think he's been washing in crack.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • theentertheenter Member
    edited April 2014

2.5 : volumedrive
    2.5 : greenvaluehost</strike?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@theenter said:
    2.5 : volumedrive
    2.5 : greenvaluehost

NO! NO FRACTIONS!

• HM Justice - Cross

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

3 - LowEndSpirit (Inception Hosting)

1 - Prometeus (thanks as always Mao)

1 - Crissic Solutions

HM: Nodisto (Serverian), INIZ, Cloud Shards

Negatives: 123Systems

Thanked by 2serverian Maounique
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

My 5 points go to the best VPS host out there, Green Value Host. Green Value Host is possibly the best host I have used. Amazing customer service, XTREME SPEED VPS! You can tell how speedy the VPS is when it takes over 30 seconds to ssh in! Doing a DD test on my most recent $7.50 VPS gives me a result of around 23MB/s, not even my RamNodes pure SSD VPS can beat that! You get what you pay for and I am getting amazing quality.

HM: Stone Temple Pilots - Creep

(To back my post up:

(Control+C'd the command once I seen the enter password prompt)

time ssh [email protected]
    [email protected]'s password: 
    real    0m36.748s
    user    0m0.004s
    sys 0m0.008s

matthewvz@gvh:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 46.1513 s, 23.3 MB/s

)

Being a bit more serious now:

RamNode - 3

BlueVM - 2

Crissic - 1

HM: DigitalOcean (Thanks for all the free credits!), MyCustomHositng (Nice support and a speedy VPS, no complaints), HostNun (Amazing support, Matt is a very nice guy.)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

matthewvz said: HM: Stone Temple Pilots - Creep

Awesome choice mate, awesome choice.

Thanked by 1matthewvz
  • WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited April 2014

Did you really think this was gonna work? Why bother ,-,

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Wintereise said:
    Did you really think this was gonna work? Why bother ,-,

Always meant to ask, are you from The Netherlands?

• edited

2 : volumedrive
    3 : greenvaluehost

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • 5 - Dewlance

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jcaleb said:
    5 - Dewlance

I vote for @jcaleb to be struck off as a moderator. Behaviour like this is unacceptabobble.

edited April 2014

Don't worry, valid votes will be counted.
    Good job, nekki, jcaleb, admins, mods and other haters. I am curious if you will manage to stop this :)
    It was one of the last good things LET had, you are working overtime to destroy it.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

1 each for the following:

• kgoVPS
    • Prometeus
    • DigitalOcean
    • BuyVM
    • Catalyst

HM: James Hadley/Loading Deck (thoroughly enjoyed his services whilst still active)

Negatives:

SouthBendServers/Sustainable Datacentres (was good until Zach disappeared)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Maounique said:
    Don't worry, valid votes will be counted.
    Good job, nekki, jcaleb, admins, mods and other haters. I am curious if you will manage to stop this :)
    It was one of the last good things LET had, you are working overtime to destroy it.

As this a hilariously terrible idea, I honestly thought you were doing this for a joke so I just joined in the banter. I mean come on, a provider running a top provider's poll? Has to be a joke, right?

• Maounique said: It was one of the last good things LET had, you are working overtime to destroy it.

Calm down. @jcaleb is just joking.

You guys sure know how to create drama without asking questions first. Step 1) throw a tantrum, step 2) create a "community poll", step 3) ask me why and allow me to explain stuff. In the normal world, things go the other way around.

• @Nekki

I don't see why that is a problem, the points are all open so there is no way he can cheat. Besides that, I think if there is one person that you can trust on this forum it is @Maounique

Thanked by 2Maounique Netsat
    edited April 2014

Nekki said: As this a hilariously terrible idea, I honestly thought you were doing this for a joke so I just joined in the banter. I mean come on, a provider running a top provider's poll? Has to be a joke, right?

No more a joke than this being run by CC. Besides, I am no mod so cannot delete any junk or adjust anything, the rules are made to avoid the kind of stuff that goes in the official poll. Votes are clear int he open, everyone can do the math, so, what is the problem?

mpkossen said: You guys sure know how to create drama without asking questions first.

The private voting part was not asked by the community, was introduced by you. There is no reason given UNLIKE the explanation for the 5 points which can be allocated freely in break with tradition (some ppl disagree with it, but I think it is cool and others too, at least it was a debate on it).

You cannot just change the rules and say 4 words about it buried well so I didnt see it at first and I bet the vast majority, there is also no clear reason we could guess, spirit split the topic without giving an explanation either even tho I am sure he read IRC. I may be paranoid, but you really dont see an issue here?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

taronyu said: I don't see why that is a problem, the points are all open so there is no way he can cheat. Besides that, I think if there is one person that you can trust on this forum it is @Maounique

I never said it was a problem, it just added to the sense that it was being done for a laugh.

• LESLES Member

The last good thing here turns into ridicule.

Thanked by 2Maounique rm_
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@LES said:
    The last good thing here turns into ridicule.

Really? This was just an overreaction to someone not getting a response fast enough. Private voting has been nulled on the 'official' voting thread now, so this is unnecessary.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Maounique said:
    You cannot just change the rules and say 4 words about it buried well so I didnt see it at first and I bet the vast majority, there is also no clear reason we could guess, spirit split the topic without giving an explanation either even tho I am sure he read IRC. I may be paranoid, but you really dont see an issue here?

Mao, there's not a conspiracy on every street corner. You have to take my word on that. All this drama while you could have just simply asked me 'why?' first.

Spirit split the topic because discussion was getting in the way of voting. There's nothing wrong with that. I think that was a good move.

It's my job to explain the poll as I am the one that put it up.

• tommytommy Member

buyvm
    vultr
    digitalocean

• NekkiNekki Veteran

mpkossen said: All this drama while you could have just simply asked me 'why?' first.

He did, but you didn't respond quick enough. Shame on your for not having 24/7 cover on the forum to deal with urgent queries like this.

This discussion has been closed.