Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YDGH - 100Mbps Dallas - 1gb ram $4.50 /mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

YDGH - 100Mbps Dallas - 1gb ram $4.50 /mo

CoreyCorey Member
edited April 2012 in Offers

promo code LEB10

http://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/openvz.php

512mb Guaranteed Ram
1024mb vswap
30gb raid protected disk space

1000gb bandwidth

$4.50/mo (after discount)

There were a few complaints recently from specific clients who had their bandwidth speeds capped... Because we had an issue with solusvm's bandwidth capping. Regardless, it is fixed now and if anyone is still capped that does not feel they should be... just open a ticket and we will work with you on it.

We have unmetered bandwidth in Dallas.

[root@s12 ~]# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/10mb.test
--2010-01-18 12:58:49-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/10mb.test
Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 10485760 (10M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: â10mb.test.1â

100%[======================================>] 10,485,760 11.1M/s in 0.9s

2010-01-18 12:58:50 (11.1 MB/s) - â10mb.test.1â

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2012

Move it to OFFERS ¬¬

Oh, and that isn't 1GB ram

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

Moved and lol, someone doesn't realise that SWAP isn't RAM. Well kinda does the same thing but meh, still isn't the same..

• @Infinity said: someone doesn't realise that SWAP isn't RAM

That ¬¬

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

-_-

should change the title to 512 mb ram

• vedranvedran Veteran

If it's vswap, it should be 512+1024 total then? Or it's 512+512? Or it's not vswap at all?

• Which datacenter in Dallas?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@Damian said: Which datacenter in Dallas?

root@alpha:~# nslookup yourdomaingoeshere.com | grep Address:
    Address:        69.85.88.3#53
    Address: 209.105.250.22
    root@alpha:~# whois 209.105.250.22 | grep -iE "(OrgName|RAbuseEmail)"
    OrgName:        EBL Global Networks, Inc.
    RAbuseEmail:  [email protected]

Corexchange.com is their Dallas DC from what I can see.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2012

Thanks Yomero, and DotVPS thanks for the smartassery(evidently you haven't kept up with the throttle thread). Last time I checked vswap still uses ram unless the HN is swapping to disks.

Vedran it's 512+512

Infinity you are Correct it is Dallas.

• flyfly Member

10MB test file.... lolwat

• CoreyCorey Member

@kbar I'm sorry Wayne did not realize that 100mb was the industry standard and he did the test with a 10mb file. Wayne wanted the speed test in his sales add on WHT (that I copy pasted) so he did it himself.

I will get a 100mb file up for you shortly.

• CoreyCorey Member

@DotVPS I thought it was completely out of character because of how you responded in the other thread. So that explains it.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • 512mb Guaranteed Ram
    1024mb vswap

I cant see why it's listed as 1gb. Swap I can use all the time? If so it should be 1.5GB.

• CoreyCorey Member

Taylor, openvz changed the way it manages memory. Vswap is almost like the old burst. 1024mb vswap - This means you can use up to 1024mb of ram.

http://wiki.openvz.org/VSwap

• vedranvedran Veteran

The difference between normal swap and vswap is that with vswap no actual disk I/O usually occurs. Instead, a container is artificially slowed down, to emulate the effect of the real swapping.

According to this, it's not really the same as the "real" ram. Also, 1024MB vswap would mean you allocate up to 1536MB.

It's a common practice here not to count burst/vswap/swap as ram, that's what others are trying to say.

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

You shouldn't depend on vswap for anything serious because as @vedran said, it will sloooooowwwwwww you down. That said, it does work ok for most bloated-but-processor-light java apps. Think of it as a knockoff of Xen PV swap ;)

• Assuming that your customers will be able to use vswap on a continual basis will ensure that your customers hate you.

• tommytommy Member

misleading title

• CoreyCorey Member

Thank you all for your responses regarding vswap, we will keep this in mind moving forward.

• I had really a really bad experience with YourDomainGoesHere and would not recommend them for any important project.
    We had multiple connected VPS with them and suddenly they suspended our main VPS. We tried to contact them for 3 days to find out what was going on, until we finally got hold of them. They told us that we caused to much load and that they won't be able to restore our VPS since they already deleted the data to make room for other customers.
    Plus they didn't want to refund for the services already paid, even though they destroyed the data and prevented us from the paid for services.
    Trying to resolve this via BBB was impossible since registered mail could not be delivered to their business address ("wrong address").

• CoreyCorey Member

Any concerned parties about @mzeitler can read his ticket I pasted here - http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/59580#Comment_59580

As far as the BBB goes we will get the mail issue fixed.