Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM v1.15 released - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM v1.15 released

2»

Comments

• Lets all file a ticket with SolusVM about this at the exact same time ;-)

• @mpkossen said:
    Lets all file a ticket with SolusVM about this at the exact same time ;-)

I'm game! To be fair. SolusVM have implemented some of my feature suggestions. A couple of the features on the latest changelog arose from my tickets.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Lots of updates this time

• cygnicygni Member

How disappointing that the ipv6 block deployment major issue has not been resolved!

• cygnicygni Member

@mpkossen said:
    And it shouldn't be too hard, I mean...

Excellent write-up.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Lets all file a ticket with SolusVM about this at the exact same time ;-)

Hi,

The next release will contain 2 main changes/features. The backup systems and IPv6 sub netting.

IPv6 sub netting will work on a system where you specify a master subnet (say a /48) and then SolusVM will split that into the smaller subnet sizes you want (say /64). The old system will become legacy but won't be removed. IPv6 will be first into the beta so availability will be sooner than later.

--
    Kind Regards,
    Phill Bandelow - SolusLabs Support

Just noticed Phill replied to my ticket. That's good. :-)

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Infinity said:
    Just noticed Phill replied to my ticket. That's good. :-)

Well I hope they do that fast. I'd love to be able to assign proper IPv6. Hurray!

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:
    When was this ticket Infinity?

Not long ago, I had one before with no good response so after this thread decided to open another so about 3 days ago and got the reply this afternoon.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited April 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    It looks like any other bootstrap based skin.

I can't for the life of me figure out what skin you're talking about. I just have three: boostrap, cleanblue, and enhanced. Or do you need to add the new theme yourself?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@mpkossen the admin back end is based on bootstrap.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    mpkossen the admin back end is based on bootstrap.

Ah, right. Didn't notice that. It's not that different, is it? Looks kind of the same to me.

• smansman Member
    edited April 2014

@jmginer said:
    Ploop is available in OpenVZ, anybody has tested?

As far as I can tell, Ploop is sort of like KVM in some ways so my conclusion is that you are probably better off just going with KVM. There was some blog post on OpenVZ by the maintainers that they were suprised how few people were using Ploop. So there is a danger it will die on the vine or not be all that well tested.

• @sman said: Ploop is sort of like KVM in some ways

Ploop is a storage back-end, KVM uses a storage back-end. Ploop is not like KVM, ploop is like a storage back-end that KVM can use.

@sman said:
    So there is a danger it will die on the vine

Ploop was introduced to fix inherent problems with the "shared" file system model. It seems unlikely the devs with give up on ploop when it's working as well as it is. Updates are pretty constant.

@sman said: or not be all that well tested.

It's pretty well tested. Bugs are still being found - and it's not perfect yet, but I have been using it for while with zero problems.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • smansman Member
    edited June 2014

Any updates on this? How is v1.15 working with ploop? I have a renewed interest in this with the recent simfs vulnerability.

I haven't done any testing but as far as I can tell I have to have a node running all ploop or all simfs when using Solus. So far haven't had any compelling reason to switch. If anyone has found performance improvements I would be interested to hear about it.

• @sman said:
    If anyone has found performance improvements I would be interested to hear about it.

Performance-wise, it mostly helps with journaling issues -- that is the source of most problems on simfs.

• smansman Member
    edited June 2014

I've read about that but how do I know when I have a journaling issue? My I/O is fine. I'm assuming it shows up as high I/O?